No announcement yet.

Boss HM-2w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not really a fan of the hm2 or the waza series to be honest, but this might be the one pedal that will be improved with the new settings. i remember a few years ago i was working music retail and the boss rep came in. i asked him why boss never reissues their classic pedals, because they were going for a lot of money used and it seemed obvious that a reissue of, say, a CE2, would be a smart idea. The rep said most people agreed with that and it got brought up all the time, but the head of boss was very against it, as he was forward thinking and never wanted to fall back on what they did 30 years ago. ive always wondered if the waza craft was a sort of compromise, where the classic circuit got reissued, but also boss got to add new, modern takes on a classic.
    Quality riffs in about a minute...
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post
      not really a fan of the hm2 or the waza series to be honest, but this might be the one pedal that will be improved with the new settings. i remember a few years ago i was working music retail and the boss rep came in. i asked him why boss never reissues their classic pedals, because they were going for a lot of money used and it seemed obvious that a reissue of, say, a CE2, would be a smart idea. The rep said most people agreed with that and it got brought up all the time, but the head of boss was very against it, as he was forward thinking and never wanted to fall back on what they did 30 years ago. ive always wondered if the waza craft was a sort of compromise, where the classic circuit got reissued, but also boss got to add new, modern takes on a classic.
      Yes, that’s my understanding as well. Another take is that the old BBD chips have been replaced with new BBD chips, and the whole thing is SMT. So while they are replicating classic tones it’s still done in a forward looking manner.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Francois View Post
        It would be a good news that Boss re-issue it... But is the FB group just lobbying ? Did Boss said they will re-issue it ?

But Waza will mean higher price than the regular Boss pedals that are usually not expensive. And people wants the original HM-2 as modified versions are already available (HM-3 and so on...)

Good news for swedish crust anyway.

Listend to the first chord at 0'18. Pure HM-2 don't you think ?

Wolfbrigade "Barren Dreams"
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rBQYGnxqe8
        Boss actually started the fb group for the purpose of taking suggestions. The Boss president said it's slated for 2021 (probably late in the year I would think).

There have been some copies by other brands that are very close, but none by Boss that were close at all.
        HM-3 is completely different,,,,,,,,,wouldn't want to max all those knobs lol.

The HM-2w should be $149, and there's no way they'd do anything with it to top the $200 mark, it just wouldn't sell IMO.
        A built-in gate sounds like something they would find feasible, and anyone who has played this pedal all-maxed knows it's crazy noise.

Comment

Here’s the breadboard at Roland/Boss, Yoshi says they are working on noise reduction.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B75F0FBF-4B6A-406F-8D7B-2AEECEDB3CF8.jpeg
Views:	214
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	6039017
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I just seen something I totally don't understand. (happens a lot with me)

If you go to Reverb, log-in, and then look at the recent transaction history for the Boss CE-2, you'll see pure craziness.
            My assumption was that the release of the waza-version would have a lowering effect on the prices, especially the crazy prices. Not so.

Comment

That's perfboard, but cool nonetheless. Breadboard doesn't require soldering. Just punch the components and wires in. Fun way to play with circuits.

Comment

Sorry, used it in a general term. You never see behind the curtain at a place like Boss.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Very true. It's cool to see that. Laying out circuits big makes it a lot easier play with values and such. Then compact it down to a nice PCB for final design.

Comment

Why reissue a popular pedal when they could reissue your favorite phaser instead?

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
                      Why reissue a popular pedal when they could reissue your favorite phaser instead?
                      I'm sure they will if you are patient.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                        Somebody I know got a shipping notification.
                        Now you just need an original to compare it to. See if the lead makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
                        X