banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flores_68
    replied
    Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

haahahahhaha
    [QUOTE=Aceman;n6141385]He asked for it...

That is a lot of information to absorb and it would take some time and some money to adjust my pedalboard. However, I will be making some improvements over the weekend and will post my ‘new’pedalboard. Thanks for the tips!

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    replied

or enroll to become a internet keyboard tone Jedi.
    Is that something like Full Sail?

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Originally posted by Bogner View Post
    I see we are now able to advise on visuals of how to set eq's and controls for optimum tone. How does one acquire these jedi tone skills to advise somebody what will sound good based on the rig, hands, desired tones, etc all by looking and without sound examples and without knowing specifically what the person is after sonically? I am impressed!
    or enroll to become a internet keyboard tone Jedi.

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    replied

He asked for an example

-calm down
    I'm always calm buttercup.

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Originally posted by Bogner View Post
    I see we are now able to advise on visuals of how to set eq's and controls for optimum tone. How does one acquire these jedi tone skills to advise somebody what will sound good based on the rig, hands, desired tones, etc all by looking and without sound examples and without knowing specifically what the person is after sonically? I am impressed!
    He asked for an example

-calm down

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LLL
    replied

It actual simplifies everything -my rig takes 5 minutes to set up. I keep the snakes connected on one end, so if all unfurls in seconds.

and yeah, similar to Bradshaw (although I know his stuff as CAE). I build those types of custom systems for players for tours (not my full time gig, but been doing since the 90s on word of mouth) -some you are familiar with.
    Sure, simple for some...

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    replied
    Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
    In the immortal words of Mr. Jackson . . . I've had it with these motha****in' snakes, on these motha****in' boards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
    In the immortal words of Mr. Jackson . . . I've had it with these motha****in' snakes, on these motha****in' boards!
    That is perfect!

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Originally posted by LLL View Post
    I see two snakes!

Might be too complicated here...
    It actual simplifies everything -my rig takes 5 minutes to set up. I keep the snakes connected on one end, so if all unfurls in seconds.

and yeah, similar to Bradshaw (although I know his stuff as CAE). I build those types of custom systems for players for tours (not my full time gig, but been doing since the 90s on word of mouth) -some you are familiar with.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LLL
    replied
    I see two snakes!

Might be too complicated here...

Leave a comment:

• LLL
    replied
    My Christmas gift. My entire rig. Do your worst if you dare.

​​​​​​
    That's like a mini Bradshaw rig... do I see a snake?

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Oh - almost forgot; Do you have some sort of weird vision problem? Like things at the periphery look closer than they really are? What is with the soft V / phalanx arrangement. Come on Brandon - line those things up neatly!

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    He asked for it...

Originally posted by Flores_68
    Hi there,

Apart from how sloppily set my pedals are, I'd like some input for improvement...
    There is no "Apart from how sloppily set" they are. This is the abandoned land...where pedal board wanna be's come to die! Get a big glass of water. Time to swallow a real big red pill Neo....

First of all, the good points:

#1 I see a lot of "Workman's pedals" like solid meat and p[otato offerings from MXR, Boss and Ibanez. Can't hate.
    #2 I also see a few of choice dirt boxes, namely the Tumulus and the very stylish Rat substitute, the Katzenkonig, and a rare JHS Andy Timmons pedal, as well as a Fulltone OCD.

And that's a about where the joy ends...

First - and my fans already see this coming: Get a freaking shop vac. It looks like someone spilled an ashtray on the board. What the hell. Have a little pride man!

Next... Tighten up the wiring. It looks like someone threw a handful of fishing worms in the middle of the board and a few have crawled to various ends of the board.

Then, what is up with the Power Bridge Fire power unit? Never heard of it. And don't think it escaped me that you have something daisy chained running off to the left. How about we get TWO power bricks, or one really big one? Consolidate that juice so everything is free from potential hum - especially with 14 pedals! Not that you need 14 pedals....we'll get to that. Just put a little platform on top or something for a drink coaster or set list or tip jar or whatever.

OK...now, for the Elephant on the board: Holy crap - you have 6 freaking gain pedals. WTF?!?!?! The Micro Amp is there to do what? Juice the other 5???? So that's like 10 dirt boxes. Seriously? Really? And given the mojo of the last 4 in the chain, why a merely mortal TS9? we are gonna run with JUST 3 of these, and in this order:

Tumnus > Fulltone > Katz and then AFTER all of that we'll put the Micro amp at the end. You obviously get your dirt from pedals, so use the Micro amp for a lead boost after the dirt for more louder of whatever combo of two dirt pedals you use. Put the EQ after the Katz but before the Noise Gate.

I'm not sure why the NS pedal is there or up front. Put it at the end of the dirt chain after the EQ. I love the micro amp by the way. Have one without an LED, had it since the 80's. I can't tell how you have the signal chain exactly. It LOOKS like you might be running effects in the loop, and dirt into the front. Not sure why the Micro Amp is in the loop though, or why the back row then unless line driving. I'd run that in front.

Whatever Tuner that is, why not get non-munchkin sized one. There are ACRES of unused turf on that board. SO the front row is now:

Full sized Boss Tuner > Tumnus > OCD > Katz > EQ > Micro Amp > Noise GAte > Amp. That gives you clean + 3 flavors of dirt, plus 2 more if you leave Tumnus on, and an EQ option for whatever. I think you'll get by with 10 different dirt sounds.

OK...back row (and for those waiting on the "rows" comment - it's coming...)

Fender Bubbler Chorus. So, bear in mind I have a Fender Tre-Verb, so nothing against the new Fender Pedals. Some are super cool. This isn't one of them. To begin with, the name suggests it is a favorite of K-Pop bands. Next, do do you know how many Dual Chorus pedals there are? Not many, and there is a reason for that. So you spent $150 on a meh dual tremolo. Then again, you seem to need 64 flavors of dirt....

Get a really good SINGLE chorus, Boss WAZA CE2, or maybe a Waza Dimension C if you want a couple of presets. Or if it MUST be dual, get a cool one like a Suhr Alexa, or stylistically, I think a Carl Martin Chorus x II would be great on there.

However, instead of burning your money on a mega Chorus (who does that besides Alex Lifeson or Andy Summers? Oh yeah, they used JC 120 Chorus....so Boss CE-2!), ramp down the chorus and get a full size Electric Mistress. What the hell is that little two knob atrocity? It's like "Yeah, I'm into S&M, but I only like it when she spanks me a little with a soft fuzzy glove."

Standard Chorus and Standard Mistress.

Order them Chorus, Flange Phase. At this point, don't ask - just do it.

No problem with the MXR CC, great choice and right in your zone. By the way - the little button is modulation if you need a second delicate chorus sound. Who needs two chorusses but one delay????

Finally - you guessed it, get a full sized Hall of fame. You have the real estate, use it.

So - there you go. I'd ask what amp and if you are really using 4 cable - but I just don't even care at this point....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X