banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by Blille View Post

For those not following the Worship thread:

This is what I have now, folks. Going direct with the two notes. Quite happy with it. Still learning how to use this DMM, and the sugar drive might go for an EP flavored boost. We’ll see.
    OK...here is the legit secular review.

First the good, and there is much:

Boss M-3 - is just a cool unit Kudos for putting in the front row where it freaking belongs. You see this people??? Look and learn!
    Deluxe Memory Man - I'm not an EHX delay fan, but go big or go home.
    Xotic SP Comp - Tasty little pedal
    Skreddy 'Little Miss Sunshine' Phaser - points for Skreddy. It's classy.
    Suhr Eclipse - Now THAT is tasty!!! Pure bad@$$ class!
    Boss Studio Compressor is an on the down-low great comp. The Bass version is outstanding.

Now - the Two Notes Torpedo is a cab sim / clean preamp. Not necessarily my thing, but I have heard of it before. I'm actually all about the IR's these days. Seems pretty bad@$$, especially for sussing dirt out of the other pedals.

And, since playing "ambience" music delays/verb in the front makes a lot of sense, and dirt in the M3 is easy access also. Neat and clean arrangement, classy wooden board.

Now for the tough love...

There is space on the board. Why TF do you have those two little punk @$$ mini pedals? Use the real estate scrooge.

I guess you had to cheap out with those because you bought a freaking $200 one knob Phaser. Dude - I have a VFE Enterprise that doesn't cost that much. EVH didn't use that much phaser. What is your excuse? The ONLY pass I'm giving here is if you have a Phaser Phetish and that is one of twenty stupid expensive phasers, or you won it at a raffle. Screw it - no passes. That is retarded expensive (<= that word is not as offensive as the price of that thing. If you think it is then you are [omitted])

And then we that MXR "Sugar Drive" - A mini MXR Klon Clone? Who the hell named that? And why of all the Clones did you buy that? Oh yeah - freaking Phase 90 of Duh Gawdz. That is like having a snazzy suit and tie from Sears. Even if it matches, which it doesn't...just bad.

I have no idea what the Elktronics coffin pedal is. I assume distortion because B/M/T and Gain Level knobs and a stupid coffin. Bury that in pine box and buy something with labels that we know what it is. If no one knows what it is, no one needs to have it. Including you.

That EHX Memory box looks stupid like a Kindergarten kid's pencil box from the 70s. Yeah - it's their style. But it's a BAD style. Everything else is generally a nice solid color, and there is that Tommy Hilfiger polo shirt reject pedal. Cover that up. Or better yet, get something better.

For the record - I get the two comps deal. Get a nice level tone from the instrument to avoid quirks and your wacky playing. Then, jack to the moon and back with Skreddy and Coffin Drive or whatever, then get it all back to super-slick land with the MXR. But dang, at least use two comps on the same level! SP is a functional pedal for what it is, and the MXR is for people who know how to use a comp. Pick a level and stick with it! Or better yet - given the use just stick the one at the end and don't worry about it. AT least get a full size Keeley going in. Dang....didn't anyone ever tell you about cheap booze, expensive mixers? Get good booze and expensive mixers. Maybe you were drinking when you thought the SP would cut it up front. Maybe you have heard of the Wampler Ego Compressor? You could have even got the Wampler Ego Mini if you are afraid of the space the regular one uses.

I will ask this one thing about the Torpedo CAB - just how many of the 32 cabs, 8 Power amps, 8 mics and 8 rooms do you actually use? Doesn't matter. If you REALLY cared you would have got the Torpedo CAB 5000. Wuss.

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    replied
    Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

Only one delay? Just playing for the youth group? ;-)
    No! I use the dual digital delay in the MS3! So I have three delays, always. Lol

One is plenty

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    Stay tuned...this will be my evening entertain - I mean "Good deed"
    ❤️

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Originally posted by Blille View Post

For those not following the Worship thread:

This is what I have now, folks. Going direct with the two notes. Quite happy with it. Still learning how to use this DMM, and the sugar drive might go for an EP flavored boost. We’ll see.
    Only one delay? Just playing for the youth group? ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Stay tuned...this will be my evening entertain - I mean "Good deed"

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    replied
    Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

haha -that board is worth 3500-4000.00.
    Pretty insane. You can tell it’s an old pic because now Strymon has a compressor and IR which are missing lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X