banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aceman
    replied
    Seriously though, a little Boss Waza board, with that Semi Hollow, into the Swart amp - SWEETNESS!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
    I suppose it’s about time for an updated photo?

Click image for larger version

Name:	59F67EC1-731B-4659-A0A8-72587E54157F.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	6147508 Click image for larger version

Name:	A3D8D931-F05D-4967-BF3E-A1EEAD4626E1.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	6147507 Click image for larger version

Name:	F8547B1F-16DE-43E7-AD87-251C14BB88E6.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	6147506
    OK...here we go; The SLBC's

Again - not even trying to hide this. Those little plastic Boss cases are NOT boards! They are tragic little excuses for someone with one or two pedals to get a third. Five pedals? That's a board. Three? Just put them on the floor and move on. No need for a board.

The fact that you a) called them that, counted them separately, and then b) hooked them together...get help.

But let's take a look.... I'll call the shots in order top to bottom, as I see them, +,o,- scale.

- While a TU2 is o, a friction' Waza tuner? Pretentious at best, at worst foolish.
    o Waza SD1 is probably overkill, I mean, how good does an SD1 need to be? Could have got something really cool with savings from NOT getting Waza Tuner
    ++ Angry Driver, WAY cool. Seriously thinking about one. BD2 + Angry Charlie? Great pedal! Which also is a strike against the Waza SD1...because the JB 2 can do anything it can and more.

This is obviously your "Drive" section. I see what you did there.

- Another Dispatch. Yes, a great pedal, but lose points for lack of originality. Try something else. Earthquaker has enough money
    + Waza Chorus. Great call
    + DM2. Another great call.

Not sure why the delay/chorus/delay order....feel free to explain
    This is obviously your "ambiance" section.

I SUPPOSE you could take these separately. To a big rock jam, you take the dirt board. To a jam where there is a Marshall half stack provided you take the Ambiance board. But you don't do that do you? Don't lie. You are not fooling anyone.

My Suggestion:

Make a Waza board: SD1, CE2, DM2
    Make another board with Angry Charlie, A BF3 4 knob Flanger that can do Chorus too, and a DD7.

Cool simple high class Waza board, and a little more flexible JB/BF/DD slightly harsher/harder/diverse board.

THAT would be three boards - except three pedals don't need a frickin' board!!!!!! But at least we could respect them as TWO little grab and go cases. Toss the Tuner in a gig bag or get a snark.

That's it! Sell the Waza Tuner, and the Dispatch, get a snark, a DD-7 and a TU2. Just put the TU2 on the floor. No need to thank me. It's a gift...

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

All right...here we go. Get a drink and a comfy chair. This one is gonna be long, because "Three" boards. Allegedly...

Let's just jump right to the most offensive thing in the entire situation:

You do NOT have three %^$#$# boards! How dare you attempt to scam those side by side tragic little Boss cases as "two" boards. Seriously man - who taught you to count? Is this new math? I'll tell you what it is, it is sadness, that's what it is. I see that cable connecting the Angry Driver to the Earthquaker. So let's just call it what it is; You have a board and two sad little Boss cases that you pretend are one big board. My God man - I'm listening to Music from The Elder and it does not sound as bull$#!tty as calling that three boards.

But as if that wasn't enough, I have some kind of jacked up sideways picture of the SLBC's (Sad Little Boss Cases), a photography club "edgy angle shot of the other, and then one decent photo of the main board. I'm surprised you didn't count that as four.

So there - now that owe have got all that out of thew way, on with business

While not really relevant, I'm gonna throw you a bone for the guitar. That looks bad@$$. Since it has separate body top and bottoms is it two guitars, because they are connected? And Yes, that little Swart amp is cool too. Had you stopped there it would have been awesome.

So the good on the main board
    + Vox footswitch right up front. excellent. I'd have done that too.
    + JHS Andy Timmons and a JHS modded Big Muff. Props to the Josh. Some OD, some fuzz. I'm guessing you goose the fuzz with the OD. Otherwise I might reorder and put fuzz first, because fuzz is usually first. YMMV
    + Eartquaker Delay. Cool, because Earthquaker, bro, Earthquaker!

Now the neutral
    o TU2 staple up front, cool
    o The PS2. I know a lot of people like it, but there are so many other stylish choices. Plus it works with the Wah top or whatever that green abomination is.
    o The power supply - is a power supply

And now for the tuff luvv
    - First, the board itself. What the hell did you do, wrap a piece of partial board with leftover 1972 wrapping paper? And white velcro? Who does that???? Strip it, paint it and get some woke Velcro. Does you're old lady know you got into the wrapping paper?
    - Next, what is that green atrocity? Volume, wah, who cares. I play in a Hair metal band and don't have anything that green and ugly on my board. Get Vox/Crybaby like normal people. Damn...is that like kid project foam or something? 4th graders helping design your board?

I'm neither here nor there with the pedal toppers, but all in all, not positive about Tham. I do dig the green vive on the delay though, ties the whole wah, phase, delay puke green together - except that wah is a fail so once you fix that we are gonna have an aesthetic problem...

I have to eat something before I address the SLBC's...chew on this a moment.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    and how much stock you put in the internet criticism of a grown man who wears spanx and a wig
    Hey - I ONLY wear the Spanx when I wear the really tight jeans. Spandex fits easy!

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    and how much stock you put in the internet criticism of a grown man who wears spanx and a wig

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    I’ll see what I can do about getting some better pics up Ace..

I kinda feel like I’m signing my own death warrant here, LOL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, it WILL go bad either way. Just a question of how bad....

Leave a comment:

• Nostalgic Distortion
    replied
    Originally posted by Blille View Post

Very cool.

I have a (normal P90s) ES-330 and an Emily Remler Fan so I was super tempted by that one. It makes sense.

If you want to give up music after Ace does his review I will take care of your guitar, don’t worry lol
    LOL!!! I’ll let you know how it goes..

Who knows, you might just get lucky?

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    replied
    It is a PAF equipped ES-330! Also my apologies for the twisted pictures…

I originally took that guitar in on consignment, but I was so surprised with how much I ended up loving it, I just ended up buying it myself…

It is still very much a fully hollow ES-330, humbuckers or not. So it’ll still squeal at louder volumes, even with the potted pickups in it. However it’s a very pleasant & musical feedback if that makes any sense?
    Very cool.

I have a (normal P90s) ES-330 and an Emily Remler Fan so I was super tempted by that one. It makes sense.

If you want to give up music after Ace does his review I will take care of your guitar, don’t worry lol

Leave a comment:

• Nostalgic Distortion
    replied
    I’ll see what I can do about getting some better pics up Ace..

I kinda feel like I’m signing my own death warrant here, LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    I can take the truth, my feelings are not hurt easily…

All right...I have work to do...but I'll be back this afternoon. I will strongly suggest better pics before then or it will be rough...

Leave a comment:

• Nostalgic Distortion
    replied
    I can take the truth, my feelings are not hurt easily…

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

I originally took that guitar in on consignment, but I was so surprised with how much I ended up loving it, I just ended up buying it myself…

It is still very much a fully hollow ES-330, humbuckers or not. So it’ll still squeal at louder volumes, even with the potted pickups in it. However it’s a very pleasant & musical feedback if that makes any sense?
    ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!!!

Are you aware of this thread? Read Post #1

Do you want the feedback? CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH?????

Leave a comment:

• Nostalgic Distortion
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    replied

Is that the Gibson ES330 with humbuckers they had a couple years ago?

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied