Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M.I.A.B. by Mesa

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • M.I.A.B. by Mesa

    This is the only of their new pedals that I will link, because the world already has enough basic od circuits IMO. Gibson $-backing gets us more od pedals? lol
    Gold Mine seems to be going for a boosted/modded jcm800 80's classic-metal tone. There's no shortage of this type in the world either, but at least these MIAB models have some more variation than the 1,000,001 ts and klon pedals.

    Shout out for the Duncan 805 overdrive. I still haven't owned or even played one myself, but big props to SD for doing something that is at least a little different than 99% of this type.



    https://www.mesaboogie.com/pedals--r...gold-mine.html

  • #2
    Not sure how I feel about a Mesa pedal that is not black.
    La plouc

    Comment


    • #3
      Not sure how the pedal references is MIAB? It isn't. Additionally, not sure what is expected by now product wise on a very recent merger. Were you expecting several new amps and cabs from a deal where the ink is probably just now drying?

      If you want Marshall, buy Marshall. If you want Mesa, buy Mesa. The two will never be confused for the other.
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bogner View Post
        Not sure how the pedal references is MIAB? It isn't. Additionally, not sure what is expected by now product wise on a very recent merger. Were you expecting several new amps and cabs from a deal where the ink is probably just now drying?

        If you want Marshall, buy Marshall. If you want Mesa, buy Mesa. The two will never be confused for the other.
        Well the page speaks of "British flavor " and references the genre that was mostly boosted or modded 800s, and it's gold too lol, you do the math.

        Product wise; I was making a joke. Of course these were most likely in the works for awhile before the buyout. The joke was more on the 100,000,001 + 2 more overdrives on the market.

        Comment


        • #5

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dave74 View Post
            Shout out for the Duncan 805 overdrive. I still haven't owned or even played one myself, but big props to SD for doing something that is at least a little different than 99% of this type.



            https://www.mesaboogie.com/pedals--r...gold-mine.html
            While I am a huge fan of the 805 and use mine all the time, it's basic tone is a Tube Screamer with more gain range and better tone controls. It has been done before, but not as well.

            Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dave74 View Post

              Well the page speaks of "British flavor " and references the genre that was mostly boosted or modded 800s, and it's gold too lol, you do the math.

              Product wise; I was making a joke. Of course these were most likely in the works for awhile before the buyout. The joke was more on the 100,000,001 + 2 more overdrives on the market.
              I can't do the math, I am in mid count of all the OD's on the market.

              I think your numbers you threw out may be a little bit low...

              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hopefully the Gold Mine gets some better video demos soon. So far I'm hearing very close to the JHS side of my Angry Driver, like almost dead-on, but video demos should always be taken with a grain.

                The angry charlie side of the JB-2 only has a single tone sweep so I usually place the mxr 6-band EQ right after it for sculpting.

                Comment


                • #9
                  You really think a product released in February can be blamed on an acquisition that happened in January?

                  Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                  Gibson $-backing gets us more od pedals? lol
                  ---------------------------
                  The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

                  https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've got some bad news called the "V-Twin."

                    Originally posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
                    Not sure how I feel about a Mesa pedal that is not black.
                    ---------------------------
                    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

                    https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It's hard for an amp company NOT to be in the pedal business. Electronics is electronics. You have all the people you need, all the expertise. It's just a way to deepen the buy on the market. Especially a large one...Fender, Marshall, Ibanez, etc...big music company is full line or nothing.

                      - You buy a Mesa amp once every 3-10 years
                      - You will likely buy a Mesa Pedal every 6-10 months

                      It just keeps you in their market share. It's like McDonalds opening a restereraunt in a crappy location. They can make no money, or they can lose money but have market share. Sometimes market share is more important. $ loss with market share > Burger King getting profit and market share. Sometimes.

                      This may be one of those times.
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        It's hard for an amp company NOT to be in the pedal business. Electronics is electronics. You have all the people you need, all the expertise. It's just a way to deepen the buy on the market. Especially a large one...Fender, Marshall, Ibanez, etc...big music company is full line or nothing.

                        - You buy a Mesa amp once every 3-10 years
                        - You will likely buy a Mesa Pedal every 6-10 months

                        It just keeps you in their market share. It's like McDonalds opening a restereraunt in a crappy location. They can make no money, or they can lose money but have market share. Sometimes market share is more important. $ loss with market share > Burger King getting profit and market share. Sometimes.

                        This may be one of those times.
                        I would imagine the profit margin being higher on a pedal too, at least in comparison to a tube amp. Not nearly as fragile means easier to ship. Requiring far fewer parts means easier to mass produce. And with a recognisable high end brand name like Mesa you can charge a premium for the same pedal that Mooer or EHX would have to sell for a quarter to half price.
                        --------------------------------------------------------
                        1973 Aria 551
                        1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                        1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                        1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                        1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                        1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                        2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                          You really think a product released in February can be blamed on an acquisition that happened in January?


                          No! That is what the lol is all about. I was indeed poking fun at both Gibson and the fact that every brand has to have 8 different overdrives. (another joke and intended exaggeration called sarcasm)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                            I've got some bad news called the "V-Twin."


                            So does LPB whom you quoted, that along with the other 8000 pedals.. LPB was also making a joke btw.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The V-Twin, as a legacy product, does not count, nor does any pedal named after a motorcycle engine.
                              La plouc

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X