banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best looking guitar pedal art/graphics or industrial design.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like these pedals. Colors, fit and finish, simplicity in some cases. All great stuff IMO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	iu-2.jpeg
Views:	202
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	6062203 Click image for larger version

Name:	iu-4.jpeg
Views:	215
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	6062204 Click image for larger version

Name:	iu-1.jpeg
Views:	209
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	6062205 Click image for larger version

Name:	iu-3.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	6062206 Click image for larger version

Name:	iu.png
Views:	214
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	6062207
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Gotta love this beauty!

Click image for larger version

Name:	iu-1.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	6062209
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Interesting that this pedal probably makes BOTH best and worst looking pedals -definitely in the eye of the beholder
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Interesting that this pedal probably makes BOTH best and worst looking pedals -definitely in the eye of the beholder
          Yeah, that's one of the ugliest designs I've ever seen. Needs truck nuts and some random useless camouflage. Also, chrome knobs on pedals suck balls . . . you can't ever see the settings when it's even slightly dark on a stage.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Yeah, that's one of the ugliest designs I've ever seen. Needs truck nuts and some random useless camouflage. Also, chrome knobs on pedals suck balls . . . you can't ever see the settings when it's even slightly dark on a stage.
            I know a lot of people that feel it's the best looking thing ever... not my cup of tea.

I do think these keep getting more valuable, as pedals with 12AX7 pre amp circuits have basically been proven unneeded with modern pedal designs -so these will get rarer and rarer.

The first pedal I ever built from scratch was a 12AX7 overdrive pedal.... but nothing as good as this pedal.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Ah, the good ole' days. Where all you needed was a half-assed starved plate 'toob' design and everyone would gush over your audio product. :P

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                Ah, the good ole' days. Where all you needed was a half-assed starved plate 'toob' design and everyone would gush over your audio product. :P
                I still crack up at the weird places that windows appeared in late 90s/early 00s products to prove it had a glowing 12AX7 inside....

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                  No reason to hold back. Tell us what you really think.
                  I've got nothing against the Mesa pedal, I'm sure it sounds great . . . but there was a time where you couldn't throw a mic stand in a music store without hitting a half dozen terrible sounding starved plate toob mic preamps. It really soured me on those low voltage tubes in stuff. :P

Many had LEDs strategically placed behind the tube . . . y'know. For that realistic tube tone.

Comment

I have one of those, too. No secret that the front-end is all digital. I bought it for the way it sounds, not the way it looks.
                    yep, that's what matters -but to GuitarStv point, that 8-10 year period of just throwing in a 12ax7 in everything was funny.... in it's time that Mesa pedal made a ton sense however.... I would argue that now it probably doesn't make any sense if your making a new pedal now -as I have three modern overdrive pedals that can be set for tube sag, compression and warmth to perfection -but in it's time it sounded good and still does.

Comment

Oh, I should have named names:
                      Ha. exactly.

Comment

This is probably the coolest looking one that I have.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

This week on Diners, Drive-In's and Dives...wait, whut?

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

This week on Diners, Drive-In's and Dives...wait, whut?
                            Fun fact, these pedals came with a bowling shirt

Comment

what?!?! i got screwed out of a shirt then

Comment

Oh, I should have named names:
                                It was pretty much Korg. (Korg owns vox right?)

A tube in a groove box?

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X