No announcement yet.

Catailinbread Supercharged Overdrive Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, mild overdrives don't take getting slammed with a hot pickup like that. You might try a compressor or limiter before the pedal, and that should help.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Yes, mild overdrives don't take getting slammed with a hot pickup like that. You might try a compressor or limiter before the pedal, and that should help.
      I was looking more into this and trying various pedals with assorted pickups. Like I said - if it can happen, the X2N will do it.

"Sag" is exactly the right word for it. I almost always run my mega output stuff into either an amp, our a full on distortion pedal. Makes sense I never noticed before. On an interesting note, I can get my Wampler Plexi-drive to do it too.

Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

What if that makes the pedal too bright everywhere else? Pedal defective? Or just an occasional fact of life. Never encountered this before.

And don't say adjust at the amp!
        Well gee, if that's the case you certainly can adjust the amp. There's plenty of different knobs that can be turned throughout the whole signal chain I'm sure. What I suggested is based on MY experience with the Distortion.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Lower the bass side of the pickup a turn or two. That should lesson the low frequency assault.

Comment

I dont have any other issues with my Tumnus or Pinnacle, def not the Dracarys, just the Killing Floor which is a high gain boost pedal. I could get it to happen using a CC last nite but its a lot harder than with the Distortion. If I ease up a little bit on the pick hand, it wont flub out. It also seems to take a minute of hard playing for it to get to the point of flubbing out the low note.
            1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400
            Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Classier pedals seem to actually "sim" this sag factor. Cool - depending.

Comment

im not sure you can run it at 18v, i know many catalinbread are fine at 18v like the dls but not sure about scod specifically. im sure someone out there knows since ya cant ask nic

Comment

It's an older 1st ed one. I suspect not.

Comment

id guess you can, but wouldnt risk it until you get confirmation. its a cool pedal and since they dont make em, not cheap to replace

Comment

Working...
                    X