Chorus Pedal Needed For Certain Effect,,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chorus Pedal Needed For Certain Effect,,,,

Howdy all~ I'm in need of an inexpensive, but quality chorus that I can slap at the end of my chain, keeping all settings at or almost 'zero', for when/if I want to feed a stereo setup!
    I have other modulating devices for the real thing.
    Perhaps something that's known for its excellent separation quality.

Now, after doing some research & consulting my ouija board, it's probably down to the TC Electronics stereo Corona & the MXR M234,,, & from what someone claims, on the MXR, the one output is dry while the other is the wet one,,, & that's not what I seek,, I want both outs to be 'effected' & you get this outrageous soundstaging that when I last had one it was a DOD FX65,,, So maybe I need to throw that one into the mix,,, I love TC stuff, though it's now made in Thailand (still designed in Denmark),, Too bad for me that their stereo Chorus/Flanger is in the 200 range,, but I'm not gonna let a few bucks keep me from a great pedal by a great company like TC~ Any closing thoughts before I just pull some trigger or another?
    Thnx again & stay well~

I have the MXR. The sound is wider when dry is one side and wet is the other. When both are effected, it pulls back toward center a bit. Still a good stereo field, but when left and right are different, it sounds farther apart. I have a BOSS CE-3 that is the same way; it can choose between wet/dry, and both sides effected and exhibits the same effect - it's wider when wet/dry are different sides.

Also keep in mind, a simple delay with slightly different EQ on the wet side (or a delay where the wet signal is a bit more lo-fi) will do what you are trying to do.
    Last edited by beaubrummels; 03-07-2021, 12:09 AM.

Comment

BINGO,, You know exactly what I'm talking about,, & thanks for enlightening me as to best best stereo spreads,,, I guess I had it backwards believing that both sides were wet,,, Again, I just want the biggest panned effect & it sounds like you've been there & done it..
      So, for the money, the MXR Analog Chorus might very well be the one... Are you at all familiar with the TC Corona? I do see some MIJ CE3's around, & you highly recommend it, huh?
      thnx again!!
      Last edited by zozoe; 03-07-2021, 03:32 AM.

Comment

So BEAUBRUMMELS, if you could get just ONE to use for the stereo spread at the end of my chain, & NOT for a swirling jive, would you get the M234bir the CE-3?
        Thnx, Kenny

Comment

Well if you already have other pedals doing all the heavy lifting for modulation and you like TC it sounds to me the Mimiq is what you're looking for (the big version, NOT the mini).
          --------------------------------------------------------
          1973 Aria 551
          1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
          1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
          1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
          1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
          1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
          2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Thnx everyone!! I'll get there~

Comment

For a big stereo spread as opposed to obvious chorus effect, try the DC-2W Dimension. The Mimic is also a god call. Maybe the MXR EVH too. The effect you are referring to at the beginning, a true stereo chorus with both sides effected is best done in a Tri-Chorus. TC Corona does it, then some more pricey ones do it too.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Is that DC-2W a Boss?

Comment

Yes. There might also be a Behringer copy, but I know nothing about that. Also, older Boss multieffects like the VF-1 and SE series have some great stereo-izing effects.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by zozoe View Post
                    Is that DC-2W a Boss?
                    Yes.

Now they have an interest in saying this, but the claim is that the TC and Behringer knockoffs are just slow chorus effects, not setup to do the true Dimension effect.

Check out a few demos it’ll either be exactly what you are looking for or not at all.
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                    X