banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best, cheap- OK sounding all round multi-effects (for headphones).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best, cheap- OK sounding all round multi-effects (for headphones).

So,

I'm located in an apartment, with one "wild child" screaming profanities and hellish outbursts 24/7,
    at the other end, a neighbor who complains of me playing guitar and music- at a moderate volume- at daytime.

I don't see moving as an option anywhere soon, because I just got here; and I just started getting the help I always needed (for trauma/mental issues).

So. I'm looking for a multi-effects pedal board, preferably cheap- that can double as a practice device (with headphones)-
    and also a preamp for recording into a portable multi-track recorder.

I'm not a big fan (rather I dislike) the Boss COSM modeling sounds. The Vox Valvetronix sounds alot better to me....

What options do I have? Used or new?

A good reverb, aswell as the "clean-to-crunch" breakup tones are important. (Boss COSM has never done that for me).

Thanks alot

-Erlend
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

The new Boss stuff is very good, but not cheap.

So, maybe Zoom? https://zoomcorp.com/en/us/multi-eff...four-g1x-four/

Comment

What is your budget?
      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Budget? Not really big. As little as possible, I'd say 200USD (used).

I strongly dislike Boss stuff :/. It's something about the general tone and feel.

I remember I really liked the Vox Tonelab stuff, especially for clean/borderline breakup sounds. .

Never tried any never Zoom products.

-Erlend

EDIT: Those Zoom pedals, especially the one with expression/volume pedal- seemed nice! Also nice that it could run on batteries. And included LOOPER! :o . I need to check that out closer. Hope it's not too expensive over here

thanks everyone.
        Last edited by Erlend_G; 03-10-2021, 04:03 AM.
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

No, the Zoom G1x Four (with volume pedal) is CRAZY cheap! :o Just 100USD here! Cheaper than a boss single pedal.

I think I'll order one soon as possible. . Don't have the chance to try it out before ordering- but hey-

(I live in an apartment with neighbors that complain about the slightest guitar noise. And the built in rhythm machine, looper and volume/exp pedal- with batteries- I'll give it a shot!)

THANKS!

I'll write back a detailed review when I get it.

-Erlend

Comment

Please do give a review! I haven't tried one, but looking at it for an all in one travel practice setup. I have used the older G3 and it was very good.

As far as your Boss hate, I've used the VF-1, GT-6, GT-100, and now the GT-1000. There were good COSM sounds if you dug in and did the programming yourself, the new AIRD stuff is better.

Comment

With that budget, and if you own some kind of DAW (if you don't, Cakewalk by Bandlab) tomuse,on a PC, try a used Line 6 POD HD500.

For a smaller, standalone solution, with all the fewtures you want, and new from Thomann, you have the Harley Benton DNAfx GiT (a rebranding of the Mooer GE150) for less the € 150.

Check Youtube for reviews, and try to find out which suits you best.
              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I was going to suggest a used Line 6 HX Stomp. Glad you found something Erlend! Be well my friend!!
                The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                  I was going to suggest a used Line 6 HX Stomp. Glad you found something Erlend! Be well my friend!!
                  Isn't that about 3X out of his budget anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post

Isn't that about 3X out of his budget anyway?
                    I guess it would be if used HX Stomp's are going for 600 bucks.
                    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

For what it's worth, I always dug the Zoom G series. Decent-to-good modeling and cab emulation. At under $300 used, you could grab a G5, which should (double check me!) have direct USB recording. That might not suit your situation if you're going into a separate multi-track, though.

Another option: used Yamaha THR10. Fantastic, if more limited, modeling, headphone, and a cracking USB recording interface that simultaneously sends modeled and dry signal to a DAW. No 1/4" sends, though.
                      Last edited by Mononoaware; 03-10-2021, 06:18 PM.

Comment

If get a used POD.

Good luck with your purchase.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

I guess it would be if used HX Stomp's are going for 600 bucks.
                          They are $600 new, still over $400 used from what I see on Reverb, he said his budget was $200.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post

They are $600 new, still over $400 used from what I see on Reverb, he said his budget was $200.
                            Go back and carefully read my initial comment.

Comment

So , 2X, whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X