Dual-channel drive pedals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual-channel drive pedals.

The Friedman BE-OD Deluxe seems pretty awesome from videos I’ve seen. The Suhr Eclipse seems pretty badass too.
    However, I normally get the dirt I need from my amp (apart from fuzz), and I’d only need such a pedal for rare occasions when I’m mucking about at a practice space. Does anyone know of any cheap alternatives? The guideline spec is two dirt channels, each with their own EQ (three band or more preferred).

I've also considered the Two Note Le Crunch/ Le Lead, and getting an AMT F1 with the P1 and B1 I already own in the channel loop with a switcher.

Thanks in advance.

I love mine goes from simple break up to full-on metal

Comment

I use this 2 channel one live -with a Klone driving into it

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

This one goes from metal to ouch.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20210304_183114.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	6064221

Comment

Tough to beat the Friedman or the Suhr for the money and for having individual EQ's for each channel. There are a lot of other nice units out there that you have to share a few things on that may could work for you and then of course there are the full on pre-amp pedals like the KSR Ceres which is wonderful but may be more than you need. The DryBell Engine is a really nice unit for what it is. Part of it also depends on what type of tones you are after.
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Yeah, I have heard of lots of pedals with 2 channels and shared EQ, but individual EQ is wonderful if you use vastly different dirt tones. While it makes for a pedal with a lot of knobs, you get something very versatile.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Yeah, I have heard of lots of pedals with 2 channels and shared EQ, but individual EQ is wonderful if you use vastly different dirt tones. While it makes for a pedal with a lot of knobs, you get something very versatile.
              It might have a lot of knobs, but it would be filling in for a couple amp channels for jam sessions, so a big pedal would be preferable to an amp.

Comment

Is the idea to have a single pedal on batteries that you can plop on the floor? If not, I’d almost always prefer two individual pedals to get each flavor you want. With most amps you can cover a lot of ground with a Rat and Tube Screamer.

That being said, there are a few Wampler dual drive pedals that are pretty cool. They don’t have full 3-band EQ, but they are versatile.

Hot Wired (Blendable OD and Plexi flavors)

Dual Fusion (Paisley Drive and Euphoria)

Paisley Drive Deluxe (Paisley Drive
                and Nobels drive)

My favorite Wampler Combo is a Pinnacle Deluxe and Clarksdale. Hot rodded marshall with a independent boost and 3 band EQ, as well as a modded Tube Screamer with 3-band EQ.

None are cheap but they all sound great!
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The revival drive does look very cool.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I know the J. Rockett Holdsworth pedal is a drive pedal with a separateboost that has its own EQ.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

I had never taken a good look at one of those before. Holy crap! That looks like it might be worth $600 or whatever it is.
                      yeah, it sort of a one drive does it all pedal
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Truetone makes two dual pedals. Click image for larger version  Name:	download.jpg Views:	1 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	6064812 Click image for larger version  Name:	VS-XO_NO_BG_FRONTFACE_400x.png Views:	1 Size:	96.5 KB ID:	6064813
                        Originally bought the Jekyll and Hyde. This pedal has much more than I'll ever use. Realized that I was using it mostly as a two stage OD pedal, I traded it for the VS-XO.
                        That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                        And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                          This one goes from metal to ouch.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20210304_183114.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	6064221
                          I was sooo close to snagging one of those yesterday....
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Lovepedal Box Of Awesome. Probably my favorite Lovepedal of all - this one totally lives up to its name.
                            Left side is the OD11, basically a transparent gain box with bass & treble controls.
                            Right side is a Kalamazoo drive with more personality; features a standard tone knob plus a Glass control that boosts hi sparkle & pick attack in a really cool and musical way.

Several other versions of the BOA were made, including one with dual SRV-flavored Super Six drives.
                            I'm talking about the original version in a blue-grey box.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

If this is just for the rehearsal hall, etc...

Consider this Fulltone copy

Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X