No announcement yet.

NPD - Foxrox FR100 - a GREAT overdrive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD - Foxrox FR100 - a GREAT overdrive!

My Foxrox FR100 came in the mail today, and it is exactly what I was looking for!

If I continue to be as keen on it as I am right now, it will likely replace both my wampler tumnus and my fulltone fulldrive 1, so it'll be the only dirt pedal I use with my Laney Lionheart (whose drive channel also has plenty of kick)

By design, its a 2-for-1 pedal - regular OD with a built in, foot switchable boost that is very mid-focused. Both of them sound great!

The OD has 3 voices - treble / middle / bass – which do more or less what you think they would. In the "middle" position, the OD has a tube screamer-y vibe, though less compressed and less smooth. The treble tightens things up a bit, and sounds great pushing the gain channel on my amp. My favorite, though, is the "bass" voicing with the tone turned up pretty high. It has a PoT, blues breaker kind of vibe to it, with clarity for days. You can hear the natural sound of your guitar, but with varying amounts of hair (which can be controlled nicely from your volume pot).

Then, if you want that midrange kick, there's the boost, which is voiced to be mid-focused for leads. This gives a much smoother, liquid sounding tone - the very tone I was after with stacking the tumnus into the full drive.

I don't hear much buzz about Foxrox, but if their other pedals are anything like this one, I'm going to have to take a look.

It's late, and I'm tired, so I'm cutting the review off here for now - but I wanted to share my excitement with someone while it was fresh - and I'll come back with a more complete tone report later__PRESENT
    Gibson LP, Burstbucker 3 A6, 490R A4
    Gibson LP, Pearly Gates A6, Sentient A4
    Gibson LP BFG, Burstbucker A8, P90
    Gibson SG special T, GFS Crunchy Mini, Gibson mini A3
    Strat SSS, SD STK-6 , SSL1 middle, Bootstrap Sparkle Neck
    Strat HSS hardtail, Perpetual Burn A6, Bootstrap Sparkle mid/neck
    Tele, DMZ Area Hot T, Gibson Mini A3
    Tele, DMZ Pegasus A2, Gibson Mini A3
    Jackson V, SD Pegasus bridge, 490R A5
    PRS SE CU24: Air Norton A2, 490R A3

Enjoy!

Dave Fox doesn’t get the attention and accolades he deserves, all his stuff is top notch. Maybe if he made “pedal musicals” and weekly YouTube videos more people would talk about his products. His Octave, Vibe and Flanger are all incredible and his fuzzes are interesting takes on the fuzz face. His was the first I knew about that used a “hybrid” approach, with both Ge/Si transistors. Also his wah buffer is awesome. It takes wah + fuzz from annoying to use to easy to use and great sounding.
    Last edited by PFDarkside; 03-19-2021, 09:39 AM.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

everything ive tried from them has been amazing. buddy of mine had the old cc which was the first time i heard of them

Comment

Working...
      X