banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name some signal sculpting FX units that....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name some signal sculpting FX units that....

Which products include Pass Filter options, LFO choices, AND control over Attack and Release of the note?
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

I don't know, but Moog comes to mind as a starting point.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      I don't know, but Moog comes to mind as a starting point.
      Thanks
      Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

What kind of tone/effect are you looking for?
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

It seems you want three pedals in one : An Eq for either Hi-Pass or Lo-Pass, a modulation pedal for LFO (Vibrato, Phaser or Flanger ?) and a Compressor for control over attack and release.
          So maybe a some multi-effect unit ?
          Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            What kind of tone/effect are you looking for?
            It was a longshot, but i was hoping to sculpt the output of the EHX Key9's "dynamo" or "eighty-eight" voicings to be more acoustic piano like. Each voice is modeled after an electric piano voice, and each does a good job for that goal. I can hear in my head how these voices would sound more like an acoustic piano if I coud sharpen the attack, and shelve some of the extraneous low end.
            Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 04-06-2021, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post

It was a longshot, but i was hoping to sculpt the output of the EHX Key9's "dynamo" or "eighty-eight" voicings to be more acoustic piano like. Each voice is modeled after an electric piano voice, and each does a good job for that goal. I can hear in my head how these voices would sound more like an acoustic piano if I coud sharpen the attack, and shelve some of the extraneous low end.
              That’s very interesting! There are different EQ pedals to do what you want, but the ADSR is going to be more challenging. I wonder if a synth module on one of the multieffects would work? Like a Boss, Line 6 or Zoom?
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The MOOG pedal is discontinued and going for $600 -$700 on the used market.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                  The MOOG pedal is discontinued and going for $600 -$700 on the used market.

$600-$700. Ouch.

I did some looking into the Moog lineup per Ace's earlier suggestion. From all the demo youtube videos i watched, it seems that a moog always mutates the signal to a lo-fi, overdriven type sound?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
                    From all the demo youtube videos i watched, it seems that a moog always mutates the signal to a lo-fi, overdriven type sound?
                    That is the style of the players. I think MOOG were trying to be hipster cool with the line and were tryin to give a lo-fi analog vibe. I have a ton of their pedals they are very versatile. But $600 yes ouch!

Comment

The -9 pedals from EHX really are their own thing. I don't think any of them really sound much like what they are trying to emulate- for that, I'd consider an actual guitar synth. Even a GR-20 would do it.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

For sculpting the EHX key pedals, I would look into something like this, and this:

A soft-knee compressor with late attack will give the keys an initial percussion to their attack as the initial hit gets through before the compressor kicks in. The ColorSound is a Neve channel, which is what those vintage keys would have been produced with in the studio all those years ago. Might not have the exact shelf points you want, but try it. Short of that, I think it would take rack effect and rack EQ to do what you are asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          The -9 pedals from EHX really are their own thing. I don't think any of them really sound much like what they are trying to emulate- for that, I'd consider an actual guitar synth. Even a GR-20 would do it.
                          Had a gr-20... and gr-55. Gr-20 had too much latency. Gr-55 had less latency but still not improved enough to play "real-time".

Comment

The Fishman Triple Play system works really well, and sounds better than the -9 series pedals.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                            X