Closer to something like an H9 to round out my rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

Dial up your favorite retailer and negotiate. That is what I did.
    That's what I did for my GT, Prymaxe was having a 20% sale on most stuff and it had just come out, the GT wasn't on sale but the guy gave me 18% off, and I called that close enough.

Comment

Eventide, as a whole, does things other boxes don't do. They combine reverb, pitch shifting, and delay in ways that take many other singe pedals. The designers have done a lot of work for you in coming out with ground-breaking sounds. To do this, you need serious processing power. The Fractals have similar sounds, and I've even heard some similar stuff from Line 6, but in those boxes, it eats up a lot of processing so you can't add much more to your chain.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Eventide, as a whole, does things other boxes don't do. They combine reverb, pitch shifting, and delay in ways that take many other singe pedals. The designers have done a lot of work for you in coming out with ground-breaking sounds. To do this, you need serious processing power. The Fractals have similar sounds, and I've even heard some similar stuff from Line 6, but in those boxes, it eats up a lot of processing so you can't add much more to your chain.
        Whats the story on TC helicon?? I know nothing about them -do they make a great multi effects pedal guitar ?

My friend is a Neural artist -I'm going to ask him about the Neural stuff
        Last edited by NegativeEase; 03-27-2021, 10:09 AM.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

TC makes the Plethora X5.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Whats the story on TC helicon?? I know nothing about them -do they make a great multi effects pedal guitar ?

My friend is a Neural artist -I'm going to ask him about the Neural stuff
            I think TC Helicon is a division of TC Electronic that is more geared toward vocals and voice communication.

Yes, TC makes a few great pedals. I also finally got around to playing with the Toneprint app yesterday, there are chorus and flange toneprints you can download to the Flashback (or FB X4), if you already have access, pretty cheap in.

The Neural is supposed to be a great modeler, but I thought you were looking for chorus and delays?

And as Dave mentioned, the Plethora does more and you can assign any of the slots to any of the digital effects. Of course, it's ~2X the price of the X4, so depends on what you want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
              The Neural is supposed to be a great modeler, but I thought you were looking for chorus and delays?
              yeah, I didn't know if it was multi effects also.

I'm not very interested in any TC Electronic or Line 6 products if I can help it; I'm not against it, but would rather support other companies if possible.

Im struggling to pull the trigger on the Boss stuff because on A/Bs I find myself not hearing anything superior versus other products so far.... going to listen to more.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                I'm not very interested in any TC Electronic or Line 6 products if I can help it; I'm not against it, but would rather support other companies if possible.
                What do you have against Yamaha and Behringer?

On 2nd thought, nevermind... At least for the latter, I actually respect Yamaha.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post

What do you have against Yamaha and Behringer?

On 2nd thought, nevermind... At least for the latter, I actually respect Yamaha.
                  Yeah, nothing against Yamaha -Line 6 has only been a Yamaha company in the last several years -but am scarred from the 90s.00s

And yeah Behringer doesn't need explaining... lol

Comment

Valeton Dapper Mini?
                    This very inexpensive Multi Pedal is total fun and it seems that there is not a single bad sound in it... very impressive!Gear from this video at Sweetwater:...

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                      Which Line 6 products had fake heat sinks plastered on? And did they use real plaster?
                      The Amps of the late 90s early 00s and the pedals had fake plastic heatsinks as a style choice -harkening back to 50s car culture and science vibe -they weren't trying to fool anyone -just a vestigial marketing detail for their products.

Even a Line 6 DL4 delay has the fake heat sink style on the sides (although metal in this case) -plus they most of the early amps were terrible.

Example:

Last edited by NegativeEase; 03-31-2021, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Yeah, it was just a design choice. The DL4 delay is still one of my favorite delay pedals, ever.

Comment

Working...
                        X