Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

Love the sarcasm bro.

My point being I was unaware that Eventide was making an H10. I was also unaware they "abandoned" the H9. When were these announcements of H9 abandonment made? When did Eventide say they are no longer supporting the H9? What effects or algos has Eventide produced that are not on the H9? I have heard nothing about any of this.
    Here you go man.

Comment

My point being I was unaware that Eventide was making an H10.
      In fairness I have no idea what the next thing will be called -H10 is just a way of saying that thing -they have not announced anything and also have told me they cannot comment on this.

When were these announcements of H9 abandonment made?
      . I mean abandon development -I'm sure they'll support them as is for quite some time

Here is direct communication from Eventide As of March 31st, we are discontinuing the sale of the H9 Core and the H9 Standard, and we are closing the algorithm store in H9 Control, so no algorithms can be purchased after that date. We will still be selling the H9 Max and we will allow older Cores and Standards to MaxOut with a onetime PayPal payment on our website

When were these announcements of H9 abandonment made?
      -I was meaning abandon development and support of their algorithm marketplace -not support of a legacy device from a repair or software reflash type of need -Securb saw this announcement weeks ago -I followed up direct with them this week. Sorry if I was too brief on that earlier.

What effects or algos has Eventide produced that are not on the H9?
      I didn't ask -it's a great question.

I don't want to make this sound like a bad thing.... the product is 7 years old so it's EOL time -very normal - I'm sure existing ones can be repaired and people can max out their existing ones before it's frozen in time with no other functionality -I guess Eventide are moving on to something else clearly and won't say what yet.

My point was an H9 is probably not for me because of this -I'm not spending 700 dollars on an EOL product that is a software ecosystem -discounted to reflect EOL -yeah I would -and I would buy EOL still for a hardware specific pedal -sure. -but for a product based on ongoing development and a place to purchase new features but is now going away, I would wait -as I want to be along for the growth of something new -which because they are closing their algorithm store -clearly won't be backwards compatible either.
      Last edited by NegativeEase; 03-25-2021, 02:44 PM.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

https://www.eventideaudio.com/produc...ocessor/h9-max

Based on the blurb in the link above I don't see Eventide is doing anything but choosing to make a single H9 unit (the H9 Max) and doing away with the lesser priced units. If a person bought one Max unit and another H9 Core or Standard unit, that unit could be upgraded (licensed) to become an H9 Max unit. You can do up to four units. In essence, If you buy a single H9 Max you can "upgrade" up to 4 additional H9 units to be Max units for free. I remember being very confused on this and most stores selling them were confused and offering conflicting information on this and how it worked. What solved it for me was when the Black H9 Max came out. I was wanting to get 2 or 3 units for an Eventide only pedalboard and said the hell with it all and bought 3 black units because I liked the color and didn't want to deal with any confusion.

It appears to me they are simply doing away with everything but the Max at this time. I am sure the H9 Max will be replaced but I don't gather that at all from the statement attached in the link I provided. If the H9 has the options you are seeking, I wouldn't hesitate getting one. All the chatter in this thread made the situation far worse than I am seeing by their statement. I could be wrong.
        Last edited by Bogner; 03-25-2021, 03:05 PM.
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

https://www.eventideaudio.com/produc...ocessor/h9-max

Based on the blurb in the link above I don't see Eventide is doing anything but choosing to make a single H9 unit (the H9 Max) and doing away with the lesser priced units. If a person bought one Max unit and another H9 Core or Standard unit, that unit could be upgraded (licensed) to become an H9 Max unit. You can do up to four units. In essence, If you buy a single H9 Max you can "upgrade" up to 4 additional H9 units to be Max units for free. I remember being very confused on this and most stores selling them were confused and offering conflicting information on this and how it worked. What solved it for me was when the Black H9 Max came out. I was wanting to get 2 or 3 units for an Eventide only pedalboard and said the hell with it all and bought 3 black units because I liked the color and didn't want to deal with any confusion.

It appears to me they are simply doing away with everything but the Max at this time. I am sure the H9 Max will be replaced but I don't gather that at all from the statement attached in the link I provided. If the H9 has the options you are seeking, I wouldn't hesitate getting one. All the chatter in this thread made the situation far worse than I am seeing by their statement. I could be wrong.
          Yeah, I gather you love your H9!

Perhaps you are reading my reasoning for not buying one as an indictment of the H9 -it's not meant to be at all -just without new algorithms, no marketplace, and still same full price knowing something new is coming... just for me, I'd rather wait or pick something earlier in the life cycle -and only because it's software ecosystem.

They told me directly -no more new algorithms, no more marketplace (See above comment from me) As Securb said it's End of Life -its a normal thing.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Back to the original topic, the Keeley Mod Workstation is another contender, either of the mod channels can be configured as a delay - https://robertkeeley.com/product/super-mod-workstation/

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
              Back to the original topic, the Keeley Mod Workstation is another contender, either of the mod channels can be configured as a delay - https://robertkeeley.com/product/super-mod-workstation/
              Very interesting one. Ever used one?

How much backside money does Demanic get with each member purchase?

Comment

I've played with the Delay workstation for delay and reverb, but it's been a while so can't really help much. Keeley is known for making good stuff, the only concern was that you mentioned needing multiple delay types/times(?) so you might be restricted to one with this.

If money isn't an object I would still probably recommend the FT-1000 CORE and program an always on chorus and the buttons for different delays (you should be able to reprogram the buttons like its bigger brother, but check the manual first), and you have only used one program slot, still have 249 for other stuff.

And I can't speak to Demanic's compensation schedule.

Comment

I've played with the Delay workstation for delay and reverb, but it's been a while so can't really help much. Keeley is known for making good stuff, the only concern was that you mentioned needing multiple delay types/times(?) so you might be restricted to one with this.

If money isn't an object I would still probably recommend the FT-1000 CORE and program an always on chorus and the buttons for different delays (you should be able to reprogram the buttons like its bigger brother, but check the manual first), and you have only used one program slot, still have 249 for other stuff.

And I can't speak to Demanic's compensation schedule.
                  The GT-1000 Core is sort of everything ever in one thing... almost intimidating!

Comment

Yes, I struggle with option anxiety with the GT-1K, or any modeler/mulit-effects. I do miss an amp and a few pedals...

Comment

Yes, I struggle with option anxiety with the GT-1K, or any modeler/mulit-effects. I do miss an amp and a few pedals...
                      death by "freedom of choice"

I'm trying to balance my essential 5-6 pedals with one more pedal for whatever...

I guess I need to research --funny the GT-1000 core tones I've listened to so far are really hit or miss for me -some seem incredible and some laughable to me.

That Eventide H9 Diatonic Algorithm really spoke to me.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                        I use that a ton to fatten up leads. I am pretty sure it comes in the H9 Core.

Comment

death by "freedom of choice"

I'm trying to balance my essential 5-6 pedals with one more pedal for whatever...

I guess I need to research --funny the GT-1000 core tones I've listened to so far are really hit or miss for me -some seem incredible and some laughable to me.

I never use presets, I always start from scratch, but yeah, they're the only way to make an initial judgement.

Comment

Yeah, I gather you love your H9!

Perhaps you are reading my reasoning for not buying one as an indictment of the H9 -it's not meant to be at all -just without new algorithms, no marketplace, and still same full price knowing something new is coming... just for me, I'd rather wait or pick something earlier in the life cycle -and only because it's software ecosystem.

They told me directly -no more new algorithms, no more marketplace (See above comment from me) As Securb said it's End of Life -its a normal thing.
                            The H9 is a great machine, I enjoy a lot of things about it but it is far from perfect to me and I use other boxes more frequently. My whole thing in this came from what I thought was a new announcement on an H10 or new replacement for the H9 and I never heard anything about it nor did I hear anything about cancelling the Max so I was incredibly surprised when I read some of the comments. IMO, nothing touches the Free The Tone products for sound quality of individual pedals. For what it sounded like you were wanting and the few things that you needed in a product, I think for the size and money, etc the H9 would have been a good choice. You can pick them up new for a decent amount below retail. Anyway, you have a million choices to pick from and most of them are wonderful choices either way!
                            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

The H9 is a great machine, I enjoy a lot of things about it but it is far from perfect to me and I use other boxes more frequently. My whole thing in this came from what I thought was a new announcement on an H10 or new replacement for the H9 and I never heard anything about it nor did I hear anything about cancelling the Max so I was incredibly surprised when I read some of the comments. IMO, nothing touches the Free The Tone products for sound quality of individual pedals. For what it sounded like you were wanting and the few things that you needed in a product, I think for the size and money, etc the H9 would have been a good choice. You can pick them up new for a decent amount below retail. Anyway, you have a million choices to pick from and most of them are wonderful choices either way!
                              There are some sounds I've heard on the H9 that I'm not hearing anything close to on other systems.

I wish they would just give a discount on the H9 or a timeline on the whatever is next.

Comment

There are some sounds I've heard on the H9 that I'm not hearing anything close to on other systems.

I wish they would just give a discount on the H9 or a timeline on the whatever is next.
                                Dial up your favorite retailer and negotiate. That is what I did.

Comment

Working...
                                X