No announcement yet.

NPD: It BAD@$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one in storage that I thought worked well in front of my Mesa Stiletto. I used it and the CBAOD for a few different flavors when that was my main amp. I would keep channel one on fat clean, and use the CBAOD for a little push when I needed it and channel 2 on Crunch then use the CBA78 to push it. Once in a while, I found the CBA78 worked well driving the clean channel, but it wasn't my favorite combination.

Comment

I can't wait to hear what you think about it in your other amps. No doubt some pedals are meant to be used into dirty, some into clean. I wonder what it would sound like in front off a Wampler amp in a box into clean, or even just a power amp?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
        You've even said yourself that the DS-1 is meant to hit the front end of an already overdriven amp.
        I have said that, and stand by that statement. That said, it is a matter of taste. I'm sure there are some whop like a DS-1 into clean for distortion. Even I like an HM-2 into clean for low splatty grind! But many, if not most, agree the DS-1 is better pushing dirt, than making it.

Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by DKSEARS View Post
          I have one in storage that I thought worked well in front of my Mesa Stiletto. I used it and the CBAOD for a few different flavors when that was my main amp. I would keep channel one on fat clean, and use the CBAOD for a little push when I needed it and channel 2 on Crunch then use the CBA78 to push it. Once in a while, I found the CBA78 worked well driving the clean channel, but it wasn't my favorite combination.
          There you go. 4 channel Mesa right there....

Comment

Comment

I remember back in the old days when a pedal was classed as a distortion pedal it was usually intended to be used with a clean channel and when pedals were classed as overdrives or boosts it was usually for an already dirty sound that just needed more. Now a days we stack pedals and use them all kinds of ways. It is kind of fun to use things in various ways now a days and just see what comes of it.
              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Working...
              X