Problems cabling up a Rockboard board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems cabling up a Rockboard board

So, when I bought a board, the Rockboard ones seemed the way to go; however, I’m now finding that, due to the smaller size/ amount of holes in the top of the board, I’m having difficulty fitting patch cables in without it taking up space on top of the board. Anyone have any experience with these?

They always show pedalboards in ads with no cabling, which makes no sense. The cables take up a lot of room. Best thing I can advise is low-profile cables These can be flat cables, which are gaining popularity, or something like George Ls with the small ends.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Slight off-topic: which model and case material are you talking about? I'm considering one of these with an ABS case.... would like to have some overall feedback on these.
      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
        Slight off-topic: which model and case material are you talking about? I'm considering one of these with an ABS case.... would like to have some overall feedback on these.
        I’m fairly certain it was the Quad 4.3 model, and I got it with the soft case.

Comment

Exactly the same model I'm considering getting, but with an ABS case instead of the soft case.

Concerning your issue, have your considered getting Rockboard's own patch cables? I already own some, they didn't, to my ears, have any impact on sound quality, and they allowed easier management on my previous board...
          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I think I’ve had a bad combination of the size, shapes of my pedals, how I want my signal path with switching, and the positions of the power & signal jacks on my pedals.

If I can’t sort it out with what I have, I will definitely consider the Rockboard cables.

I’ve bought one of the Rockboard power supplies too, and I might be tempted to get the power supply tray, and possibly one of the mod bays too.

Comment

Yep, building a board can be a challenge, indeed.
              Mine will be a simpler setup to fit the 4.3: Line6 Helix Floor, an expression pedal, two Digitech pedals (Drop and FreqOut) and a Shure GLXD16 wireless.

On the power supply subject, I was considering a Cioks DC7, but Harley Benton (Thomann's house brand) has released a modular power supply that cot me interested for both price and capabilities.

Comment

I managed to get it all on the board and patch cabled. The layout is definitely less than ideal in regards to the Muff being behind the Whammy DT, but I’m sure I can live with it.

I’m even more tempted to get a Mod 1 now, as the first in line is the Polytune, which is in the middle of the board and might be awkward.

EDIT: the Memory Boy is actually a DOD Rubberneck. Also, the Rockboard isn’t as tall as the Pedaltrain board, which is why it looks like there’s unused space at the top.

Signal path is:

Polytune
                Whammy DT (with external footswitch)
                Boss LS-2
                - A - Crybaby
                - B - Rotovibe
                Bass Muff
                Deluxe Muff
                Worm

Rubberneck in effects loop.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by CaptainWhizz; 04-28-2021, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
                  Exactly the same model I'm considering getting, but with an ABS case instead of the soft case.

Concerning your issue, have your considered getting Rockboard's own patch cables? I already own some, they didn't, to my ears, have any impact on sound quality, and they allowed easier management on my previous board...
                  One thing I did find was that the cables going through the smaller openings in the top of the board, and through the reinforcement struts underneath, actually holds the pedals in place reasonably well on their own. I’m going to put some command strips on, but just moving the board around my house and keeping it flat, I can currently get away with it. Very handy to be cabling some up and knowing the others will stay in place. Also, the rubber feet slot in the gaps too, which helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X