banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK - I'm jonesing. Let's try the LPB approach!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK - I'm jonesing. Let's try the LPB approach!

I need a pedal. I know, "need" suggests a problem and I'll admit it. But I just need something to get me through.

I don't know what. Help me out!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Digitech Trio+

Comment

Go for the Key9, and play all those cool keyboard parts. Actually, any of those EH -9 pedals would be very different from anything you have.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Go for the Key9, and play all those cool keyboard parts. Actually, any of those EH -9 pedals would be very different from anything you have.
        Well, I have the Synth 9, and on Keyboards I now play: Kiss Me Deadly, Here I Go Again, Home Sweet Home, The Final Countdown, and Once Bitten Twice Shy....

So I'm sticking with my Synth 9 until my ivory chops get better.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          Digitech Trio+
          I have often thought about this. I bet I could get cool little gigs playing weak Jazz with it. Just noodle in Dorian...

Comment

How about a Freq Out, and do some cool 'feedback at any volume'?
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I would also suggest both the Digitech Drop and the Digitech Ricochet. That way you can droptune as low as you want, and you can also get those Dean Cadillacs to do divebombs.
              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Do you have a talk box?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  How about a Freq Out, and do some cool 'feedback at any volume'?
                  I have a Boss Super Distortion & Feedback. (That's right - you read that in the correct order!)

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
                    I would also suggest both the Digitech Drop and the Digitech Ricochet. That way you can droptune as low as you want, and you can also get those Dean Cadillacs to do divebombs.
                    I have an EHX Pitchfork. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
                      Do you have a talk box?
                      I do not! And...I have an occasion to use it in th band.
                      I do have an effect in my G3N. I have always thought real one to be a PITA. But talk to me. Who/what are you suggesting?

Comment

You need a Miku stomp.
                        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I do not! And...I have an occasion to use it in th band.
                          I do have an effect in my G3N. I have always thought real one to be a PITA. But talk to me. Who/what are you suggesting?
                          I figured it might be something that would fit your styles.

I don’t have one myself, although I do sometimes check for the little Danelectro Free Speech used. IIRC, that came with it’s own mini-mics to attach to the tube, so it was a more streamlined setup than normal talk boxes.

I’ve just searched for the manual, and you just put the Free Speech in your normal signal chain, and use the tube and attached mics, much easier than traditional talk boxes, just depends if you can find one.

Otherwise there’s the EHX Talking Pedal, but that’s not “authentic”, and you probably have something similar in your G3N.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                            You need a Miku stomp.
                            Nobody needs that. Even Fripp and Belew don't need that.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Nobody needs that. Even Fripp and Belew don't need that.
                              C'mon . . . you know you want to get your robotic japanese girl guitar sound on . . .

I just checked Reverb. These things are selling for 500$! Buy one as an investment piece!
                              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                              X