BOSS EQ200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSS EQ200

Anybody own/use/try the BOSS EQ200 Super infinite settings on recall/stereo EQ super computer and all around P-32 space modulator?

And if so how did it work/sound?

I have one and love it. I think it is a must have for recording and can see it being a great tool if you are in a cover band where you have to do all kinds of sounds/tones. For what it offers vs. what it costs, it was a no brainer for me.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
      I have one and love it. I think it is a must have for recording and can see it being a great tool if you are in a cover band where you have to do all kinds of sounds/tones. For what it offers vs. what it costs, it was a no brainer for me.
      I love mine, everyone should have an EQ and this one is incredibly versatile.

Comment

I have a deep-standing fear of using devices, that has a digital core and display ...

Even if I could never tell the difference, I put my trust in old-school, analogue units.

-E ♪
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

BTW-

I wonder how the EQ200 sounds compared to the...

(don't remember the name of it)

Mid-late eighties, early 90's? BOSS 10- Band EQ, made in Japan... (that is on its way)

Any guesses?

EDIT: I guess the modern verision sounds crisper, clearer, maybe "better" in any aspect...

...but I'm a sucker for any "analogue", maybe even coloured sound...as long it's not from the "first digital generation" era! "nudge nudge"
          Last edited by Erlend_G; 05-18-2021, 07:58 AM.
          If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
            BTW-

I wonder how the EQ200 sounds compared to the...

(don't remember the name of it)

Mid-late eighties, early 90's? BOSS 10- Band EQ, made in Japan... (that is on its way)

Any guesses?

EDIT: I guess the modern verision sounds crisper, clearer, maybe "better" in any aspect...

...but I'm a sucker for any "analogue", maybe even coloured sound...as long it's not from the "first digital generation" era! "nudge nudge"
            Yeah I find myself jonesing for the MXR 108S but it doesn't store presets..

Comment

...I hope, that aslong you have a real, "old school" tube amp in the end of the chain;

it will "smooth out" any digital distortion and coldness-

as long the digitalisation is not of the "digitech RP100" type, that would completely KILL your source signal :/.

I think maybe that modern digital devices, colour the sound in a different, yet... audible way. Often, you cannot measure anything with instruments or graphs. But it's like the "life" is taken out of the music- or the interaction between instrument/sound is disturbed. .

Comment

...Sorry for not editing this into previous post.

Someone said that my new, ultra-cheap Zoom multi-effects, would not leave any audible trace between guitar/amp;

but I disagree.

And I think any.... tube amp player, or especially high-end hifi entusiast; would hear the difference. Even with total ear/sound isolation ...

it's a "feel" thing often..

I've never tried a Boss EQ200, and for all that I know, it's great! . I'm going to work with my really old Boss 10-band, when I get it the 28th.

Rock on

-Erl

Comment

Oh that dreaded coloration!!!

I have a TC Electronics Nova system in my effects loop (gorgeous reverbs and delays) and it does color the sound some, it also has a built in parametric eq (which I find quite maddening). I downloaded a Frequency analyzer and took a reading while strumming all the guitar strings open, then did another reading with the Nova in the effects loop. I looked at the difference between the 2 readings and set the Para eq as much as possible to make up for the frequencies that had changed because of the Nova. There's still some sound coloration but it is minimized as much as possible.

Comment

You might want to also look at the Source Audio EQ2 Programmable Equalizer Pedal

Comment

i know a few people with the source audio eq and they love it

Comment

I have played the EQ20 in a shop a bunch of times when it came out. I have came close to getting one, but never pulled the trigger. I think it is a flat out bad@$$ piece of gear. I can only imagine the 200 is 10x more awesome.

Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
                          BTW-

I wonder how the EQ200 sounds compared to the...Mid-late eighties, early 90's? BOSS 10- Band EQ, made in Japan...Any guesses?
                          About as much better as your 1990 EQ sounded compared to the one you would have bought in 1960. Do the math.

Good gravy man! It's 20 effing 21!!! We are over the "Digital Sucks" thing. Most of the music you have heard and loved sonically in the past 20 years is ALL digital.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                            You might want to also look at the Source Audio EQ2 Programmable Equalizer Pedal

This is a nice pedal as well but doesn't touch the Boss IMO. Price wise, the only way to look at these two is the Boss is under priced or the SA is overpriced for what you get in comparison. From a typical gigging pedalboard perspective, the source probably makes more sense unless you just need a ton of settings. From a studio side or in certain other situations I would take the Boss hands down. As far as either product being a quality product, both are absolutely excellent. I have nothing but love for Source Audio.
                            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

See - I think if you wanted a "board" vs a Multi-fx, the Boss would be killer.

If a Multi-FX - who cares. Infinite EQ programs available.

Playing Live - I'm not about bending over with a guitar between songs to select one of 4 eq presents when I need it.

At home, I'd be down with my Strat+S, Strat + HB, LP + HB, Semi-Hollow +P90 and my Jackson RR settings though.

Comment

Working...
                              X