No announcement yet.

Purchasing First Pedal Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if it will work in 250, it will work in 500... correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Open lane View Post
      https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...pedalboard-kit

If you look at the output jack some outputs are 100ma others are 250. Can they be used interchangably?
      Current (amps) is like the amount of electricity that the power supply can send all at once. Each pedal has a certain amount of current that it needs. As long as you keep your amps above the current draw you're fine.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Current (amps) is like the amount of electricity that the power supply can send all at once. Each pedal has a certain amount of current that it needs. As long as you keep the power supply current rating above the total current draw you're fine.
        Kinda fixed that for ya. You can daisy chain multiple pedals off of one output on an isolated supply as long as you the total draw doesn't exceed the rating on the power supply. I would also not recommend daisy chaining pedals in front of the amp with pedals in the fx loop.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
          I would also not recommend daisy chaining pedals in front of the amp with pedals in the fx loop.
          because wicked hum potential?
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Could it create what they call "groundloop"?

I run my loop pedals from their own power to avoid this, but I never tried it the wrong way just to see.

Comment

Once you've mastered all of this, then check out impedance (every pedal's input/output has it) and how it affects your tone.

Great article here: Side info about "true bypass" and "buffers" also included.

http://screaminfx.com/tech/why-and-w...ffer-pedal.htm

Last edited by LLL; 05-26-2021, 11:46 AM.

Comment

i find impedance is more of an issue with dirt pedals than anything else, maybe thats not the case for everyone. like a fuzzface for example doesnt play nice with plenty of overdrive pedals in my experience

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

because wicked hum potential?
                  Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                  Could it create what they call "groundloop"?

I run my loop pedals from their own power to avoid this, but I never tried it the wrong way just to see.
                  Yeah, I've had that happen in the past. If you've got separate iso outs it's easy enough to not have to worry about it.

Comment

Thanks so much for all of the advice, guys. One last question.bevause i'm paranoid:

I'm not gonna get a power brick right away. My daisy chain has been working for me without the board. Can you just confirm that that leaving the daisy chain/ wall-wart plugged into my pedals will not damage them? I plan to unplug from the wall when not in use. Just trying to make sure it's ok to leave them plugged in. I'm just trying to be cautious because some of my pedals are no longer in production

Comment

The only way I can see that pedals could get damaged by leaving power cables plugged in but disconnected from the mains, is if there is some form of physical force/ impact applied to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Open lane View Post
                        Thanks so much for all of the advice, guys. One last question.bevause i'm paranoid:

I'm not gonna get a power brick right away. My daisy chain has been working for me without the board. Can you just confirm that that leaving the daisy chain/ wall-wart plugged into my pedals will not damage them? I plan to unplug from the wall when not in use. Just trying to make sure it's ok to leave them plugged in. I'm just trying to be cautious because some of my pedals are no longer in production
                        It won't hurt them at all, mine stay plugged into a power strip all the time, I just turn the strip off when I'm not using them.

Comment

Ok. Thank you guys. I'll take a pic when i'm done. I appreciate all of the help.

Comment

Looking forward to the pictures.

Comment

Here it is, my first board
                              Image 20210603-182037 hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Working...
                              X