No announcement yet.

Eq recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 bands on a B3 ought to be more than enough I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
      I'm using my lil Behringer 7 band eq pedal for my Hammond keyboard and it works really well. Noise free and transparent. Wondering if there would be anything better. Looking at the Boss 10 band eq.
      You're trying to maximize the sound of your classic expensive organ - why not seek out advice from people that have specialized knowledge in your piece of gear? There have got to be some go-to preamps, pedals, or other processing that have classically gone with the B3 over the years. Like on here you'll see people saying "oh yeah, the Custom Custom sounds great in Strat-like guitars". If this were MY eight thousand dollar organ, I'd be finding the people that go "oh yeah, that model of organ sounds great running through an XYZ organ processor."

I'm sure many suggestions here would work well. But to draw an analogy, it's kind of like asking an HVAC guy about how to fix your roof simply because they're both components of a house. It's at least worth your time to seek out some specialized Hammond knowledge - or at least, it would be worth my time to do so.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
      http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post

You're trying to maximize the sound of your classic expensive organ - why not seek out advice from people that have specialized knowledge in your piece of gear? There have got to be some go-to preamps, pedals, or other processing that have classically gone with the B3 over the years. Like on here you'll see people saying "oh yeah, the Custom Custom sounds great in Strat-like guitars". If this were MY eight thousand dollar organ, I'd be finding the people that go "oh yeah, that model of organ sounds great running through an XYZ organ processor."

I'm sure many suggestions here would work well. But to draw an analogy, it's kind of like asking an HVAC guy about how to fix your roof simply because they're both components of a house. It's at least worth your time to seek out some specialized Hammond knowledge - or at least, it would be worth my time to do so.
        I can't imagine a cheap guitar pedal making an $8k organ sound better. And any organist I've played with, either with the high end digitals like the Hammond or Nord or real B3s, C3s, and M3s never used guitar pedals.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

CX-3 through an OD pedal is actually a great rock sound. The onboard overdrive is adequate for Leslie-type grit, but not for Jon Lord tone. The classic hits have his C3 running through Marshalls - to get close to that you need guitar overdrive.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Should a good high-quality EQ not work on anything and everything? Not talking about the budget EQ models like under $100.

Comment

^ That's my thinking. Plus it's a digital instrument. There isn't 0.1% mojo that has to be retained. It has mojo but a quality eq shouldn't louse it up like you said.
              The things that you wanted
              I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                Should a good high-quality EQ not work on anything and everything? Not talking about the budget EQ models like under $100.
                I think the Boss will do great. Look forward to what you think on it.
                The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

It's terrif. Completely silent, completely transparent, has enough bands to target all the frequencies. Keepin it. The one disadvantage to the digital organ is that it can sound like it's key click then kind of hollow without the punchy but warm sound of the real tonewheels. I'm able to dial in a more organic tone wheel sounding tone with this thing. I'm sure I'll be able to make even more good tones once I learn more.
                  Last edited by Clint 55; 06-10-2021, 01:32 AM.
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Nice

It's gonna be useful with guitar work too

Comment

im sure if you were running it louder it might sound better too

Comment

Yep, I gotta get a combo goin.
                        I bought them for you

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210610_125128.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	6086991
                          I bought them for you

Comment

Honestly, of ALL pedal categories -EQ is where I would spend $$ for the quietest operation -as it's not supposed to be imparting noise or color -just frequency -so you want it as transparent and squeaky quiet as possible.

AnalogMan modded version from maximum quiet of the Boss GE-7 is a high recommend.
                            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                            X