Behringer KIRN Cork Sniffer Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer KIRN Cork Sniffer Pedal

Yes, this pedal was "created" by Behringer, but it was a mock-up designed to "stick it" to a particular critic.

Apparently the owner of Behringer and this Kirn dude have been at each other for decades.

Hilarity ensued... and some were butthurt.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxe7...k-a-journalist

Click image for larger version  Name:	behringer KIRN Cork Sniffer.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	50.0 KB ID:	6087131
    Last edited by LLL; 06-10-2021, 10:57 PM.

Did hilarity ensue though?

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

TGP Classic right there. It would sell like a Klon over there.
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        Did hilarity ensue though?
        Yes. A pedal like this is epic hoots.

Comment

That's really funny... but is the critic really as much a cork sniffer -or a critic of shamelessly directly lifting electrical designs from other companies to build with desperate child labor and then just paying damages in court which still net a healthy buisiness?

Just posing the question... don't know any details about their ongoing battle..
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
            That's really funny... but is the critic really as much a cork sniffer -or a critic of shamelessly directly lifting electrical designs from other companies to build with desperate child labor and then just paying damages in court which still net a healthy buisiness?

Just posing the question... don't know any details about their ongoing battle..
            Yeah, I don't care about their feud - just the pedal. It's pure comedy gold.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

Yeah, I don't care about their feud - just the pedal. It's pure comedy gold.
              Well, you nailed it them -because I think it's hillarious.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I like that even the pedal idea itself was stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                  I like that even the pedal idea itself was stolen.

Oh damn. this is tooooo perfect.

Behringer can't even troll a critic without ripping someone off.

Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Oh damn. this is tooooo perfect.

Behringer can't even troll a critic without ripping someone off.

Amazing.
                    How else are you gonna do it, then? Even without seeing that pedal, I'd assume 90% of people(or more) that made their own cork sniffer pedal would have cork knobs, too. You don't habe to see someone else's to have that idea lol. There's a huge chance they never even saw that pedal. So you can't assume they "lifted" that idea, too. What are you gonna do? Use regular knobs and have a cork footswitch so yours is different? I mean...there's not much else you can do to play on the who cork thing. Same goes with having a person or a nose smelling something.

What else are you gonna do? Have random graphics that aren't related to the pedal name? Call it the cork sniffer then put a plain paint job and knobs on it? There's no much else you can do and still play on the whole "cork sniffer" bit.

I'd be more worried about the fact that the guy on the Behringer pedal is reminiscent of the old, racist Jewish cartoons.
                    ​​​

​​
                    Last edited by Wound_Up; 06-17-2021, 03:11 AM.
                    JC
                    -2023 Indio 66SB DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ P90s
                    -2020 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ Seth Lover neck & '59 Model bridge w/ Faber hardware(#1 guitar)
                    -2021 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Iced Tea Burst
                    -2023 Indio Boardwalk (335-style)
                    -2022 Indio Retro DLX Plus(T-style) - w/ Fender AVRI 62 Custom neck & 52 bridge pickups.
                    -2020 Stage Right 1x12" 15w tube combo(Laney Cub 12R)

Comment

Originally posted by Wound_Up View Post

How else are you gonna do it, then? Even without seeing that pedal, I'd assume 90% of people(or more) that made their own cork sniffer pedal would have cork knobs, too. You don't habe to see someone else's to have that idea lol. There's a huge chance they never even saw that pedal. So you can't assume they "lifted" that idea, too. What are you gonna do? Use regular knobs and have a cork footswitch so yours is different? I mean...there's not much else you can do to play on the who cork thing. Same goes with having a person or a nose smelling something.

What else are you gonna do? Have random graphics that aren't related to the pedal name? Call it the cork sniffer then put a plain paint job and knobs on it? There's no much else you can do and still play on the whole "cork sniffer" bit.

I'd be more worried about the fact that the guy on the Behringer pedal is reminiscent of the old, racist Jewish cartoons.
                      ​​​

​​
                      Well, how? do something at minimum thematically and graphically original -maybe do something else on the elitist theme without "cork sniffer" if it's already been done. I can think of many other ways.

Second -yeah the racist cartoons came to mind as well here.... that graphic is a bit "on the nose"

Comment

If I ever do a pedal kit, I'm definitely using cork knobs and utilizing "Cork Sniffer" in the title somewhere....

Comment

Originally posted by Wound_Up View Post

​​​

​​
                          Only in this perpetually offended society would anyone "see" the latter; it's ridiculous.

I see a partially balding, bearded & bespectacled hipster ******bag with a nose cartoon-ily designed to sniff corks.

It even has the "sniff marks" denoting a whole lotta sniffin' goin' on.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

Only in this perpetually offended society would anyone "see" the latter; it's ridiculous.

I see a partially balding, bearded & bespectacled hipster ******bag with a nose cartoon-ily designed to sniff corks.

It even has the "sniff marks" denoting a whole lotta sniffin' goin' on.
                            Nah, it's not about being offended. it's more about moving past the generational baggage of another generation.

Don't fight your father's wars, don't perpetuate your father's BS.

There is no devil in hell waiting for anybody either -nor is this biblical -speaking of things not to perpetuate..

Comment

LLL going on the record to say anti-semitism is hilarious. This forum is awesome for idiotic boomer takes.
                              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
                              X