The KLON KTR Madness has begun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The KLON KTR Madness has begun!

The prices on these have massively increased in the last several days as rumor has it that they are supposedly no longer being made. Same circuitry as the original KLON but in a different KLON enclosure. Wonderful pedal and if you have one your net worth just went up a bit..lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	iu-5.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	6089076

Click image for larger version

Name:	iu-4.jpeg
Views:	270
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	6089077
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

It's ironic that a pedal whose entire purpose was to bypass insane speculative pricing has now become the object of insane speculative pricing.

Comment

^ True! ha

Maybe a grand is still under that insane speculative pricing threshold?
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

its a great pedal, i know a few guys who have both the klon and ktr. basically sounds the same, and not in the soul food sounds the same kinda way. $1000 for a pedal is ridiculous if you ask me. it does its trick really damn well though

Comment

After seeing the inside of a KTR, I can't imagine paying very much for one. Sure it sounds good but ribbon connectors? Come on.

Even for normal retail prices, in that range, it should be a hand wired pedal with excellent attention to detail.

The KTR has the appearance that it was assembled by children.

Comment

I am more than happy with my $20 Mosky Golden Horse

Comment

Great pedal...but I couldn't tell the difference between a KTR and my BYOC Silver Pony, so I will keep the pony. I don't fetishize pedals- I am pretty practical.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post
                After seeing the inside of a KTR, I can't imagine paying very much for one. Sure it sounds good but ribbon connectors? Come on.

Even for normal retail prices, in that range, it should be a hand wired pedal with excellent attention to detail.

I disagree with your last point. It’s a standard SMT style pedal. (Which we accept for everything else on our lives). The Ceriatone Centura is probably the more accurate one now since it’s still through hole, if you care about that.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I'll stick with my Katarina.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

I disagree with your last point. It’s a standard SMT style pedal. (Which we accept for everything else on our lives). The Ceriatone Centura is probably the more accurate one now since it’s still through hole, if you care about that.
                    No disrespect intended.

And, you are correct. We do accept SMT as perfectly adequate.

It's just that for the cost that these things command, someone could easily buy any number of handwired Klones that are expertly made using top quality parts.

I have no issues with paying for quality, as long as the quality is there. With the KTR, you get a machine made PCB (with no serviceable parts) that is simply placed inside a box and screwed down.

Comment

No disrespect intended.

And, you are correct. We do accept SMT as perfectly adequate.

It's just that for the cost that these things command, someone could easily buy any number of handwired Klones that are expertly made using top quality parts.

I have no issues with paying for quality, as long as the quality is there. With the KTR, you get a machine made PCB (with no serviceable parts) that is simply placed inside a box and screwed down.
                      I agree 100% that if it wasn’t Bill Finnegan they would be like any other Klone. I also agree that other handwired Klones are the ones that should be the most desirable.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Have you seen the inside of the original?

Comment

I have to chuckle as I came out very well financially on the original Klon I had profit wise and now potentially can do similar with the KTR pedals I have. Gotta love hype!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            Great pedal...but I couldn't tell the difference between a KTR and my BYOC Silver Pony, so I will keep the pony. I don't fetishize pedals- I am pretty practical.
                            Sure you do. You fetishize the practical ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

Sure you do. You fetishize the practical ones.
                              But I can do without them. They are fun, but if something was going for more than I want to pay, I just move on.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X