Boss ES-8 and Small Stone Phaser weird issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss ES-8 and Small Stone Phaser weird issues

Hi friends, I've a a complete and awesome setup based on the ES-8 that works pretty well EXCEPT one thing!
    I've on the loop 7 of my ES-8 a EHX Nano Small Stone (last version with psychedelic letters). every ****ing time I engage a preset with the loop, the sound got a volume Boost (like 3db), specially with my main fuzz (BAT Pharaoh). it's a bit annoying, because it can be cool for leads but when you come back to normal sound it seems you're tiny tiny.

I've been in conversation with master from Boss, Yoshi Ikegami, asking his team what was wrong, but nobody can help me. They think about impedance mismatching like (his messages):
    "And, for isolating the symptom ・ Turn on / off L7 (Small Stone) with FUZZ turned off. ・ Turn on FUZZ, after FUZZ, set BF-2 at hand in the same loop to Effect Off and connect, and connect L7 (Small Stone). Turn on / off and check the volume difference."
    "It’s not a problem of a pedal which is connected Loop7. ES-8 has 47Kohm input impedance itself. So, probably Fuzz output impedance is high. Using Loop7 input buffer or Fuzz output buffer."

By the way I've tested all the solution like putting a boss pedal (normally buffered), after the fuzz in the fuzz loop, or before the phaser in the phaser loop. etc nothing changes. It's really weird.

In fact I've found a solution, absolutely non conventional but that strangely works: putting a parallel loop with the Phaser loop, with no pedal, only the dry sound, the sound of the phaser is now on the same level (It certainly do the common wrong polarity issue by putting like this).

If anyone, have some suggestions to help me, I will be really happy to know it
    Best regards

Sounds like you solved your own problem...
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Working...
    X