Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line6 HX vs stomps ?

Hi there.

i have seen a lot websites talking about the line6 helix. But now i have seen the HX version.. just the effects.. no amp sims etc.

i play more than 27 years and mostly with analog pedals. I have tried some multi fx like the GT6 and the HD500X but every time i went back to the old fashion stompboxes because it was easier to setup. But with a lot of different songs sometimes i need more options like harmonics, delay, boosters etc so i’m not tap-dancing the whole night. Now i have seen these HX/Helix boards and from what i have read is that the sound quality is really good.. it doesn’t sound that digital and in comparison with stompboxes the quality is like the same?

does anyone have any experience with the HX version? I don’t need amp/cab sims because i have a AC30 and a usa strat that sounds good enough! Mostly i only use a wah, low gain overdrive and a high gain overdrive and a reverb. I play in a band and we gig a few times a year so if i’m buying something like a HX it has to be good enough for gigs(build quality) and the sound should be really good. I also play wireless(Line6 G50) and i have to keep the cleanup control of my guitar and effects.

Music we play:
    guns n roses
    queen
    fleetwood mac
    ccr
    thin lizzy
    zeppelin
    hendrix
    etc

thanks

I use the HX Effects. I dig it. The quality of the effects is the same as analog pedals. And it is a whole lot easier to set up and use. But the sound is excellent.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      I use the HX Effects. I dig it. The quality of the effects is the same as analog pedals. And it is a whole lot easier to set up and use. But the sound is excellent.
      This.

I had both the HX Effects and the HX Stomp for a while, but recently I upgraded to a Helix Floor.
      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I just ordered one. I have the option to send it back and get my money back within 30 days if it isn’t right for me.

i’m really curious how it sounds and if it can replace my analog board.

Comment

It did for me. There are some models I can't hear any difference compared to the original pedals.

Comment

You can also use it with an external expression pedal, if you don't want to use your wah.

If you do, plug it before the input, not on the effects loops.

Also, don't forget to update the unit to the latest firmware before you start using it, since the last (v3.11) got new effects and a massive sound quality improvement (at least the amp sims did).
            Last edited by Synapsys; 08-02-2021, 04:38 AM.
            Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

i will keep using my own Fulltone clyde wah. And indeed directly after the guitar and before the Fx.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                I'm gonna get my feet wet again, just when I thought I was done with multi stuff.
                I think this HX version is/should be ideal when you’re not want to use amp and cab sims like me. Just the effects. Just have to wait till tomorrow if it really sounds analog enough for me.

Comment

I love control with the expression pedal. I control the wah and the repeats on delays.

Comment

Working...
                  X