Line6 G50 power supply issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line6 G50 power supply issue

Hi. I have a line 6 G50 and i’m using a Fazley PBP-04 power supply. I have connected the G50 in slot 1(500mA) but it still drops out sometimes. What am i doing wrong? I know the G50 takes about 350mA.. so 500mA should be enough right?

i also ordered a t-rex current doubler cable.. maybe this could be the problem ?

thanks
    Last edited by dudiluty; 08-04-2021, 02:25 AM.

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
    Unless the power supply is defective, it's unlikely to be the problem. If the Line 6 receiver is rated at 350 mA, it's not running out of current on a 500 mA power supply. Making more current available to it is unlikely to change anything. You probably have something else going on, like interference from some other wireless signal or equipment.
    well the only thing that’s connected to the power supply is the line6 G50 and a fulltone clyde standard wah. Nothing else

Comment

My first guess is that the ORIGINAL home power supply has fluctuations

Next - a problem with the connection to the unit. Those little barrels get jiggly etc.try taping it into a "hard" position going into the unit.

After that, maybe a short in the cable...

And then it is the unit itself.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        My first guess is that the ORIGINAL home power supply has fluctuations

Next - a problem with the connection to the unit. Those little barrels get jiggly etc.try taping it into a "hard" position going into the unit.

After that, maybe a short in the cable...

And then it is the unit itself.
        Thanks. But nonit isn’t the unit, cable or jack. When using the original power supply there is no problem.

Comment

Classic case of process of elimination. We already know the Line6 is OK with the original power supply. We know that it's not OK with the Fazley, and the Fazley definitely has enough mA on available. The last thing to do is to try the same power cord from the Fazley to the Line6 but on different power outs on the Fazley. If it's still an issue, try a different power cable from the Fazley. It could be the Fazley itself. Do other pedals have issue on that sound power out with the same power cable?

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
            Classic case of process of elimination. We already know the Line6 is OK with the original power supply. We know that it's not OK with the Fazley, and the Fazley definitely has enough mA on available. The last thing to do is to try the same power cord from the Fazley to the Line6 but on different power outs on the Fazley. If it's still an issue, try a different power cable from the Fazley. It could be the Fazley itself. Do other pedals have issue on that sound power out with the same power cable?
            There is only one 500mA on the fazley. All the others are 300 and 100 mA.

all my other pedals didn’t have this issue.

Comment

Sounds like a flaky current at higher draw to me. Most pedals don't even touch 100mA unless they are high processing. I would recommend simply running the G50 on it's own power supply to eliminate any and all issues. I know that's not as convenient as having it off the Fazley but if it solves the problem.......

Comment

I found this review:

Great product, works properly. What must be taken into account is the total current that the device can supply. This is only 500mA. The amperages indicated on the device are peak currents. I needed a 500mA and a 100mA output together to make my Eventide Timefactor work stably.

it’s about the fazley pbp04.

Comment

I had powered the G50 with Voodoo Labs 4x4 and Strymon Zuma. Never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dudiluty View Post
                    I found this review:

Great product, works properly. What must be taken into account is the total current that the device can supply. This is only 500mA. The amperages indicated on the device are peak currents. I needed a 500mA and a 100mA output together to make my Eventide Timefactor work stably.

it’s about the fazley pbp04.
                    That's a bad way to rate the power supply, so, if you are drawing 500mA on that output, you can't use any of the other outs. Anyway, glad you found the problem!

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post

That's a bad way to rate the power supply, so, if you are drawing 500mA on that output, you can't use any of the other outs. Anyway, glad you found the problem!
                      Well he’s honest about it. I’ll try it tomorrow with a double current cable.

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
                        I had powered the G50 with Voodoo Labs 4x4 and Strymon Zuma. Never had a problem.
                        ive never had any strymon stuff but the voodoo labs stuff has always been top notch, so not surprised. ive had my pp2 for longer than i can remember and it still works like a champ

Comment

Originally posted by dudiluty View Post

Well he’s honest about it. I’ll try it tomorrow with a double current cable.
                          A cable can't make more current that the power supply can put out. It is just a cable that puts 2 of the outputs in parallel, so same voltage, double the lowest current rated output, but once you hit the limit of the power supply it can't make something out of nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post

A cable can't make more current that the power supply can put out. It is just a cable that puts 2 of the outputs in parallel, so same voltage, double the lowest current rated output, but once you hit the limit of the power supply it can't make something out of nothing.
                            I know but maybe the 500mA isn’t 500mA total. If i take the 500 + the 300mA it will work ? I only have the G50 and a wah on the power supply

Comment

Who knows, it's not going to give you 800mA if the max is 500mA.

Comment

Working...
                              X