banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twin Tube Mayhem recommended replacement power supply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Tube Mayhem recommended replacement power supply?

So what does Duncan recommend for this???
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Isn't some kind of weird 12 volt proprietary supply?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I don't know what they recommend, but my original one recently died. I replaced it with this and it works fine.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Isn't some kind of weird 12 volt proprietary supply?
        The manual notes the original is a 16 VAC/600mA unit. It recommends, North America: 120 Volt/60Hz – Digi-Key part # MT7123-ND. The TTM case has 16VAC/560mA on it.

But as Demanic posted, any 16VAC that can supply 560mA or more would work fine.

Edit: For what it is worth, the recommended replacement is now obsolete. I would opt for the one Demanic is using.
        Last edited by JamesPaul; 08-25-2021, 11:54 PM.
        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Where did you get that Demaniac? In a box somewhere? Ace Hardware, or Amazon...

Edit: Found on Amazon....

By the way, not asking for any particular reason. No reason at all. Just wondering.
          Last edited by Aceman; 08-26-2021, 07:16 AM.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Yep, Amazon. And it's made in Taiwan, so it might actually last for a while. I should get another one as a backup in case they become unavailable.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              Where did you get that Demaniac? In a box somewhere? Ace Hardware, or Amazon...

Edit: Found on Amazon....

By the way, not asking for any particular reason. No reason at all. Just wondering.
              In the future, if it can't be found in the wild, Jameco (it is on the nameplate) is another parts supplier like Digi-Key, Mouser, etc.

Edit: and somehow I missed that LPB already noted Jameco.
              Last edited by JamesPaul; 08-26-2021, 07:47 AM.
              I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                Yep, Amazon. And it's made in Taiwan, so it might actually last for a while. I should get another one as a backup in case they become unavailable.

getting a spare power supply will insure that the one in use will out live you

I got a replacement knob for a clothes dryer back in 99 when the working one developed a crack in it
                the replacement knob is still in the laundry room right beside the place that the dryer once was
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

getting a spare power supply will insure that the one in use will out live you

I got a replacement knob for a clothes dryer back in 99 when the working one developed a crack in it
                  the replacement knob is still in the laundry room right beside the place that the dryer once was
                  For 20 bucks it would be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                  X