Mini Pedals: What... Is The Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    For some people, especially those that fly to gigs, space is important. Outside of initially setting up the pedal, you never need to touch the knobs. A ful pedalboard in the space of 3 normal size pedals can be an attractive option.
    I’m pretty sure most of the people buying these never leave their house.

Maybe they live in very small houses?
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Have you seen the inside of a Waza Craft pedal?
      Not yet, post some.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have been told by at least one mod that the owners dont like it when we do that.
        Post pictures?
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Boss posted an internal pic of a waza hm2 prototype, though I'm not sure if it was the finished product.

edit: They didn't post it on here of course.
          Last edited by dave74; 09-02-2021, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude View Post

New reality TV show: Tiny House, Tiny Pedals
            I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Well, to be fair, most guitar gear as a whole never leaves the house. I bet there are more 1/2 stacks in living rooms than on stages, and it has been that way...always.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

Not yet, post some.
                This is a BD-2w

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07443.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	6109059Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07444.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	6109060

It's quite different from the regular BD-2 . . . below on the right looks like the early 2000ish one that I've been using forever, and on the left is the current production BD-2:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	BD-2_SMT.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	6109061
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Well, to be fair, most guitar gear as a whole never leaves the house. I bet there are more 1/2 stacks in living rooms than on stages, and it has been that way...always.
                  You mean most fancy gear is purchased by us hobbyists/ bedroom/ living room players and not pros like you? Interesting...

Comment

The point is that when they change the form factor, they open up lots of new marketing. Maybe in a few years, they will go back to giant enclosures the size of a small car.

Comment

Tiny Pedalboards for your Tiny Home lifestyle?
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I have no question why I like them:

#1 They are cheap
                        #2 They sound good
                        #3 Easy to toss a full rig in a gig bag with cables, tuners, power cords and whatever else.

No doubt the ergonomics of the classic Ibanez/Boss/MXR have a lot going.

But size, price point, and quality all play into it. More options is more better. Honestly, give the awesome of Multi FX we could ask why do we have regular stomp boxes. For the price of just one you 50 and programs.

Comment

The point is that when they change the form factor, they open up lots of new marketing. Maybe in a few years, they will go back to giant enclosures the size of a small car.
                          When I got my Pedaltrain Pro I made a joke board with my 4 huge EHX pedals (Deluxe Memory Man, POG, Deluxe Electric Mistress and Frequency Analyzer), old big box Muff and Fuzz Face. That’s all that fit.
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Maybe not. Do you really think cell phones will get small again?
                            I hope so..I hate carrying a giant phone. I am hanging on to my Iphone SE.

Comment

You guys need to learn the concept of "User Stories" from product service design:

User 1: John is a student, who loves to play guitar and spends a lot of his time studying. He does a lot of his guitar playing on his computer in his dorm room. But he likes to get together with friends and jam too. He doesn't have a lot of money or space for a real pedal board, but enjoys using mini pedals to play out.

User 2: Jim is pro-am guitar player. He has digital multi-fx, standard pedal boards, and mini pedals. He uses mini pedals when he needs to fly for simplicity and reliability, and also like to add them to his already crowded board to add effects, like the phasor for gigs where early Van Halen sounds are needed.

User 3: Jeff is a bedroom shredder whose wife is not happy about the amount of money or space he is taking up with his guitar hobby. He likes the mini pedals as they are easy to hide and not expensive

User 4: James has OCD and will buy one pedal of every type available in a brand of every color.

User 5: Joe is a high school student who is now to guitar and enjoys being able to try new sounds cheaply.

YOUR preferences are for you. When you run a company, trust me, a good one not only understands YOU, but the 10 other people you don't give an eff about. Moving units is moving units.

LLL is an old guy who will use a digital sim, or hotplate a plexiglass instead of using a Dark Matter. They aren't even trying to sell to him.

I'm a guy who wants a fast/cheap/small backup board for gigs if my amp goes down. Thus they make a tiny little DI with a cab sim.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                                You guys need to learn the concept of "User Stories" from product service design:

User 1: John is a student, who loves to play guitar and spends a lot of his time studying. He does a lot of his guitar playing on his computer in his dorm room. But he likes to get together with friends and jam too. He doesn't have a lot of money or space for a real pedal board, but enjoys using mini pedals to play out.

User 2: Jim is pro-am guitar player. He has digital multi-fx, standard pedal boards, and mini pedals. He uses mini pedals when he needs to fly for simplicity and reliability, and also like to add them to his already crowded board to add effects, like the phasor for gigs where early Van Halen sounds are needed.

User 3: Jeff is a bedroom shredder whose wife is not happy about the amount of money or space he is taking up with his guitar hobby. He likes the mini pedals as they are easy to hide and not expensive

User 4: James has OCD and will buy one pedal of every type available in a brand of every color.

User 5: Joe is a high school student who is now to guitar and enjoys being able to try new sounds cheaply.

YOUR preferences are for you. When you run a company, trust me, a good one not only understands YOU, but the 10 other people you don't give an eff about. Moving units is moving units.

LLL is an old guy who will use a digital sim, or hotplate a plexiglass instead of using a Dark Matter. They aren't even trying to sell to him.

I'm a guy who wants a fast/cheap/small backup board for gigs if my amp goes down. Thus they make a tiny little DI with a cab sim.
                                As the kids say these days,
                                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X