Will a modeler/MFX do this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a modeler/MFX do this

I've long used multieffects pedals, and I've decided that it's time to up my game and get with the latest modeling technology. To anyone's knowledge, will any of the new Kempers/Neurals/Line 6s/Axe FX/Headrushs etc floor pedals do this? The last one might be tricky.

Build signal chains/rigs with pedals, amp, cab and arrange the order of pedals
    Save entire signal chains/rigs as presets - so I can have a Fender clean with a wah and tap-tempo delay into a 4x12, and a Tubescreamer boosting into a high gain Marshall 2x12 a click away from each other
    Run two or more signal chains/rigs simultaneously
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
    http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
    I've long used multieffects pedals, and I've decided that it's time to up my game and get with the latest modeling technology. To anyone's knowledge, will any of the new Kempers/Neurals/Line 6s/Axe FX/Headrushs etc floor pedals do this? The last one might be tricky.

Build signal chains/rigs with pedals, amp, cab and arrange the order of pedals
    Save entire signal chains/rigs as presets - so I can have a Fender clean with a wah and tap-tempo delay into a 4x12, and a Tubescreamer boosting into a high gain Marshall 2x12 a click away from each other
    Run two or more signal chains/rigs simultaneously
    My now-ancient GT-8 can do this. I don't see why newer tech can't.

The GT-8 can also switch between amp settings within the same patch.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Yes. I can have multiple splits in the chain with my GT-1k and switch between them, usually I have a split to switch between a clean amp and a dirty amp, the rest is pretty basic by choice, but could be as complicated as you want.

Comment

Is that the full board or the compact one?
        https://www.guitarcenter.com/BOSS/GT...20(GC)%20(Bing)

https://www.guitarcenter.com/BOSS/GT...20(GC)%20(Bing)
        Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face

Comment

Line 6s/Axe FX/Headrushs - Yes
          Kempers/Neurals - Not sure as I have not used them or have experience messing with them

Comment

I was watching a tone junkie tv video last night

and with the Kemper you can do the multi effects chain and assign a button to "morph " the two chains
            The button is on off so iwhatever blend has to be pre configured
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

The Headrush can do this. Running two chains in parallel does limit your available slots to put effects or amp models in, but that can be worked around a bit.
              ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
              Originally posted by Securb
              The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

The parallel chain with high end modeling is the tough part, but yes it’s available!
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yes, this is exactly the kind of chain and switching that modelers do really well.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My Zoom G3N does this. No need to go Kemper levels for this.

***Can't do two parallel amps, but short of that...
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Zoom MS70 CDR can save presets of effect chain, and arrange the order of pedals like a pedal board.

Comment

Thanks all. Helps to not have to go through all the units' manuals.

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
                          Sorry, just saw this. I have the full board, but I'm sure the small one has the same guts, just less footswitches. FWIW, the chains can also run simultaneously so you can have parallel amps instead of switching between them.

Comment

Can't speak to the OP listed modelers. But a Zoom MS50G does all of that, though you lose processing with parallel chains. I don't have a lot of use for parallel chains, however, except to create a very specialized affect that I almost never use. I guess for another $99 you could do parallel with full processing.
                            Last edited by beaubrummels; 09-16-2021, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X