Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wampler Mini Plexi drive + Tech21 Boost DLA

= RAWK!

I have been rocking those two pedals hard into my Marshall Clean channel, and man, do they just totally deliver all the souped up big hair metal a person could ask for!

I use the Wampler with the bass switch off, and the midd push on, and it is just screaming goosed Marshall.

That Wampler pedal officially takes the #2 Spot in my Distortion stable, right behind my Suhr Riot!!!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

I used to do a similar setup -always ran OD in to clean channel on my Marshall -so I could get the big deep low tones you can't really get on a Marshall dirty channel.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
      Which Tech 21 pedal do you have? Is it the one that has DLA in huge letters?
      For those who [are not entirely sure which version I have it is this one]:

Attached Files
      Last edited by Aceman; 09-12-2021, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Seriously....

That combo can let me do any 70 classic rock tone with Tape Delay flavors, right up to scorching 80's shred tone rack delay sounds, and most anything in between. Just loving it!

Can set it up for a nice crunchy rhythm, and then set the boost level/delay for a lead tone to stand out, and back to rhythm.

Comment

Wow, I didn't realize there were that many variations. Do any of these have an expression pedal output?
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

For those who are quick to dismiss others from a place of ignorance:
            I retract the statement. I will edit the comment. Wow...Didn't know there were that many variations either!

Comment

I have a Pinochle Deluxe V2 and the big Plexitone. How badly do I need a Plexi Drive Deluxe?
              Not badly enough. What you have covers you.
              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Thats a bold statement, coming from you.
                I'm coming out of my shell. Buckle up!

For that particular flavor and what you have you honestly are covered. I like more though...more is always fun.
                The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

I'm coming out of my shell. Buckle up!

For that particular flavor and what you have you honestly are covered. I like more though...more is always fun.
                  How can less be more? More is more!

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                    I used to do a similar setup -always ran OD in to clean channel on my Marshall -so I could get the big deep low tones you can't really get on a Marshall dirty channel.
                    I don't mean to be a smartass but... if a big deep low OD tone is what you want, why do you have a Marshall instead of a Mesa or Peavey or something else that's more naturally oriented towards that sound?

EDIT: Wait, am I on the pedals subforum? How did I accidentally get here?
                    Last edited by Cynical; 09-19-2021, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cynical View Post
                      I don't mean to be a smartass but... if a big deep low OD tone is what you want, why do you have a Marshall instead of a Mesa or Peavey or something else that's more naturally oriented towards that sound?

EDIT: Wait, am I on the pedals subforum? How did I accidentally get here?
                      When I was 19 and played my Marshall only (saved and saved) and found this method I didn't have money to just go buying more or other full stack amps on a whim
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I don't know how long ago you were 19, but given that you're on a guitar forum, I'm guessing it was at least 11 years ago; did the kinds of distortion pedals that do a good job emulating amp distortions exist then? I started playing pretty late (in 2006, when I was 20), and in my early guitar years, the kinds of distortion pedals that readily emulate any amp you could want weren't widely available, at least as far as I knew; "distortion pedal" for me meant "sound like a chainsaw" (which I embraced with aplomb), or "box of bees" (which I was far less excited about). Things like the Wampler Triple Wreck or Diezel Herbert pedal certainly weren't on my radar then, if those kinds of products even existed back in the later half of the aughties; I know that the Amptweaker stuff definitely didn't exist back then (otherwise I'd have probably bought a Tight Metal back then).

Comment

Originally posted by Cynical View Post
                          I don't know how long ago you were 19, but given that you're on a guitar forum, I'm guessing it was at least 11 years ago; did the kinds of distortion pedals that do a good job emulating amp distortions exist then? I started playing pretty late (in 2006, when I was 20), and in my early guitar years, the kinds of distortion pedals that readily emulate any amp you could want weren't widely available, at least as far as I knew; "distortion pedal" for me meant "sound like a chainsaw" (which I embraced with aplomb), or "box of bees" (which I was far less excited about). Things like the Wampler Triple Wreck or Diezel Herbert pedal certainly weren't on my radar then, if those kinds of products even existed back in the later half of the aughties; I know that the Amptweaker stuff definitely didn't exist back then (otherwise I'd have probably bought a Tight Metal back then).
                          No, this was the 90s -they didn't exist.

I have every amp under the sun now, so whatever tone I want isn't a problem -but back then I had one amp for gigging and that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

I have every amp under the sun now.
                            Oh? You caught my interest now. Do tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

Oh? You caught my interest now. Do tell.
                              Well, I was more speaking to every KIND/STYLE of amp -I don't have all the boutique stuff like you are always educating on

In my studio now off the top of my head ( 3 of these aren't mine, but rather kept by me)

Fender
                              65 Princeton 1x12
                              68 Deluxe Reverb 1x12
                              63 Vibraverb 2x10
                              65 Twin 2x12
                              70s Bassman Head
                              70s Showman Head
                              Marshall
                              10s Plexi Handmade
                              81 JCM 800 2110
                              83 JCM 800 2204
                              90s JCM 900
                              2020 1x10 Vintage S20H
                              Mesa
                              2021 Mesa Mark V
                              90s Mesa Electro Dyne
                              90s Dual Recto
                              Orange
                              10s Orange OR15
                              21 Terror
                              80s Orange OR120

Other
                              60s Silvertone 1484
                              60s Standel Super Artist
                              60s Gibson GA30
                              90s Peavey 5150
                              80s Peavey Classic
                              90s Peavey Classic 30
                              10s Vox AC15
                              16 Vox AC10
                              90s GK 400Rb
                              90s GK 800Rk
                              70s Traynor YBA1
                              01 Yorkville 400
                              93 Yorkville 200
                              70s Sunn 300T
                              60s Vox SS
                              60s Teisco
                              80s Roland Jazz Chorus
                              20. Boss Katana

Comment

Working...
                              X