Boss IR200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss IR200

IR-200: Amp & IR Cabinet - Direct Amp and IR Power for Performance, Recording, and Practice

Its supposed to be an IR loader pedal but also has reverb & some boss amp modeling from the newer GT units.

Guessing its gonna cost $300 to $400 judging by the fact that its got their amp sims. While having 100 IRs to pick from is cool I doubt many people have more than 10 that they use a lot unless ya at a recording studio but then Two Notes has stuff too thats better suited there.

Boss didnt have something like this before, after the EQ200 this seems like a nice development. I think I would rather have the Atomic A-Box over it though if I had to pick one.

$399. Boss is a bit late but it’s a solid contender, a lot of features.

Comment

This looks like a brilliant idea. While it doesn't have XLR out for some reason, I think they will sell a lot of these.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

They are using Celestion tech for the speaker sim. I am guessing it is spot on. I am going to reach out to my Celestion connect to see if he can hook me up with a review unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          This looks like a brilliant idea. While it doesn't have XLR out for some reason, I think they will sell a lot of these.
          Same deal as the iridium, likely because of the stereo outputs and not necessarily being the last in the chain?

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

Same deal as the iridium, likely because of the stereo outputs and not necessarily being the last in the chain?
            Yeah, maybe, but I think it has reverb in there too, so it certainly could be last in the chain. I think that is how I'd use it.

Comment

Yeah, maybe, but I think it has reverb in there too, so it certainly could be last in the chain. I think that is how I'd use it.
              Oh, me too, don’t get me wrong. Couldn’t be happier with my mono Two Notes Cab Sim that has XLR and I put last in chain.

Comment

Well at $399 thats quite some money. They probably skipped the XLR out due to enclosure limits. Whicj makes me wonder if this would have been better implemented in the 500 series enclosures but by then they would be costing more and competing with their GT1K core in features and size.

In the demo vid the celestion irs do sound better than the boss ones though.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                  ... not necessarily being the last in the chain?
                  What do you put after reverb and the cab?

Comment

I bet Line 6 will come up with a Helix box with only amps and cabs, and sell it for $350.

Comment

Originally posted by quadquadquadquad View Post

What do you put after reverb and the cab?
                      I don’t even use the loop in my amps but some of the cools kids put the Strymon Iridium (cab sim) today before delay and reverb. While the IR200 has some reverb, some folks will want to use their other pedals.

Example:

It is in their product description for Strymon:
                      "Place Iridium at the end of your effects chain and capture stereo amp and cab tones direct into your recording interface. Or, place Iridium before your delays and reverbs to allow those time-based effects to occur post amp and cab.â€
                      No micing up amps. Walk into the studio with your ideal tone already dialed in. Instantly audition amps and cabs with the flick of a switch.

Last edited by Blille; 09-19-2021, 08:04 AM.

Comment

I bet Line 6 will come up with a Helix box with only amps and cabs, and sell it for $350.
                        Like the complements to the HX Effects. That would be smart.

Comment

I hope more companies come out with these types of things, as they really make sense. Use your own effects, and use a box to go direct to the PA or recording device.

Comment

Working...
                          X