Board choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board choice

What would any of you recommend for a (first) pedal board for about 8-10 pedals max.?

I have a few pedals, let's say 5 which I rarely use (for various reasons) and I think it's time to start planning a pedal board for them as well as about 3 more I'm thinking of picking up.

I'll need to be able to mount a T-Rex Fuel Tank Chameleon power supply underneath.

I'm looking for good value for money.

While the intention is to use it for rehearsals and later probably gigging, it would also be useful for home on the odd occasion I decide to use pedals.

Plywood and a thrift store suitcase?
    I like Pedaltrains, but they can be expensive. There are many Chinese knock-offs, though.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Agreed. DIY can be done well and cheap, provided you already have the necessary tools.

Pedaltrain has been my go-to for the last decade or so. They can be pricey, especially if you need a flight case for it. They turn up used pretty often though and you can save money there.

Buying something like that used is easy since they don't have any parts to break or lose. As long as the rails are straight and no welds are broken, you should be good to go.

Comment

I make my own.

Just go to Lowes, get a few "slat" sized pieces of wood, some wood screws, and some sort of board to elevate the back more or less, and paint/velcro.

Make it exactly the size you want.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post
          Agreed. DIY can be done well and cheap, provided you already have the necessary tools.
          The necessary tools are a handsaw, a screw driver and some wood glue.

If you do not have these, you need to get them.
          Last edited by Aceman; 10-19-2021, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Here is my big board

The One Spot is usually Zip-tied underneath.
            - 4 horizontal slats
            - 3 vertical slats
            - Glued them together at contact points
            - Screwerd a 1/2 x 6 or something to the back for height

Can hold like 16 pedals.

Comment

Same construction, no riser. Obviously very small...

Comment

You can see my Acoustic board behind the basses. It's a solid 1x6 with maybe a 3' piece of wood in the back for angle/height. Two more Boss sized pedals on it to the right. Because that was all I wanted on it.

Bass Board, single flat boar, with space for one guest between Synth Wah and the Preamp.

Comment

I also have one made out of an IKEA cutting board with some stick-on rubber feet.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have a Pedaltrain Metro 20 and a Rockboard Quad 4.1, both of which were bought used.
                    Lightweight, plenty of room underneath for power supplies, and they came with light-duty soft bags.
                    For touring you'd want a roadcase; mine aren't my main rig so I've seldom gigged them.

One other nice thing about these as options is that there are tons of them out there.
                    Easy to find used, and if you ever decide you want something else they should be easy to sell.
                    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I picked up a cheap Donner one for a little side-board. It came with a bag and Velcro strips. From Amazon.

Comment

I had planned on buying one new/second-hand, but hmm, interesting, hadn't thought about building one.

Comment

If you search for “slatted bamboo bath mat”, there are a few products that can be used or modified.

Comment

Don't buy, make your own. Anyone with minimal tools can make one. Or if you can't be bothered, use a serving tray like I do...lol...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                              You can see my Acoustic board behind the basses. It's a solid 1x6 with maybe a 3' piece of wood in the back for angle/height. Two more Boss sized pedals on it to the right. Because that was all I wanted on it.

Bass Board, single flat boar, with space for one guest between Synth Wah and the Preamp.
                              The Mooer board is even cuter than Megan Merkle's freakin' newborn. And the Nikki Sixx bass is sick! If you can live with the obnoxious headstock. Is the paint original?

Comment

Working...
                              X