X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVADPD or NWASPD

New Vintage Analog Delay Pedal Day or
    New Washburn Accelerator Series Pedal Day

I have sat and waited for one of these to come along at the right price and condition for at least two decades. Rarely see them, often in crappy shape, and over priced especially these day. Patience and clean living pays off again! And it is minty!!!!

The Accelerator series came out in late 1983. It included the basic set of pedals: Metal Distortion, Distortion, Compressor, EQ (Bass and Guitar), Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, and Delay. They were assembled in Japan, and are sometimes found as "Cutec" brand also with slightly different (very slightly) graphics, pads etc. By today's standards, we are talking real analog delay, chorus etc. A "B" list set then...today vintage geeks seem to love these things.

You want 80's Metal? Here you go! (Personally used a Boss DD3 at the time.). The AD-3 Stack -In-A-Box is fierce and ahead of its time. It used dual FET preamps to imitate that "Wall of Marshalls" sound. The chorus is as analog as you want all day long. I also happen to have the 4 knob Flanger. I have gigged the Chorus and the Flanger with Hollywood in past few years prior to going Multi-fx.

I'm up to four now. At some point, I need to make the commitment/attempt to get them all perhaps...

Attached Files
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

This series had some good stuff in it. You got a classic.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It's way underrated, as pedal series go. The next iteration is the same pedals, but cheaper enclosures.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
      X