Favorite Volume Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Volume Pedal

I am needing another volume pedal. Help me decide which one to get. What are you guys using? What do you like/dislike about it, etc.

Thanks
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

I use a Morley mini. I love the smoothness of the optical sensor. No scratchy pots. Plus the form factor is pedal board friendly, it doesn't take up a lot of space.

Comment

For me only optical sensors. I had some Morley's, but no experience with the mini.
      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I am using an Ernie Ball Jr, which has held up great for a dozen years and 1000s of gigs. I like the large sweep, the weight and the resistance- it stays where you put it.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks for the feedback so far everybody! Anybody else have a recommendation?

My go to EB finally had enough but it served me faithfully for probably close to 30 years. I know a lot has changed in the "pedal world" but I never thought much on volume pedals as I knew old Betsy would always see me through. I am tempted to go EB again just because of it but if there are better out there I am fine going that way.

Thanks again for the suggestions so far.
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
            I use a Morley mini. I love the smoothness of the optical sensor. No scratchy pots. Plus the form factor is pedal board friendly, it doesn't take up a lot of space.
            This is interesting, as Morley's old volume pedals were the worst about scratchy pots of all the brands -nice to know they changed it up.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Ok, I have a lot of opinion ons on this but the main thing I've learned is the full size volume pedals actually cause issues with me playing live.

Because a full foot on the pedals basically means you are balancing on the back foot when moving the volume -which is annoying for me.

So even though I love the Ernie Ball VP Jr pedal for it's feel I went to a Dunlop Volume x mini -because I could keep the heel of my foot on the ground and just roll the volume with more of the ball and toes of my foot making me more stable and less tired over time. Also, there are a couple spots in my band where I'm playing hard passages, singing backup and rolling the volume during this is way easier with the smaller pedal.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I don't have one but íf I needed one then I'd like to try out the Visual Volume from Visual Sound, otherwise I'd pick a optical one

Comment

I have never been a volume pedal guy. I like main volume + volume switch for louder.

But...based on my Morley Wah, I'd get a Morley volume in a second.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

AMT. No tone suck. Small profile, fits on any board including Nano. The key with minis IME is put your heel on the pedal and let your toes go off the end and it feels natural like a full size pedal.

Before that I used Ernie Balls. Had a couple. Obvious tone suck. I took the Clarostat out of the oldest one and put in a 500K or maybe it was 1000K and it helped a lot. But the AMT is more transparent.

Comment

The mini sized pedals doesn't appeal much to me. I prefer a full sized. Some of my stuff I use has mission expression pedals so maybe I should just grab a mission volume pedal so the size and feel stays familiar.

Comment

I have big feet for a little dude, 10 1/2. I have no problem with the Morley mini it feels just like my giant 1st gen silver Morley.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                          I have big feet for a little dude, 10 1/2. I have no problem with the Morley mini it feels just like my giant 1st gen silver Morley.
                          I have size 13... same experience -Minis feel great to me.

Comment

I had an EB that was glitchy, something not quite right with it even with changing the string. Based on a John Jolly’s recommendation I got a full size Dunlop X and it’s been solid, very smooth and consistent. Haven’t looked at anything else since.

Comment

I am leaning towards a Lehle or Mission. Still not 100% sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X