Eventide H9 scare tonight -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eventide H9 scare tonight -

Without touching my Eventide H9 or cables in any manner tonight -my H9 stopped suddenly producing a Wet or "effected" signal during a rehearsal.

3 reboots, messing with the app, toggling the output routing etc, a few more reboots and it was back suddenly.

There is a firmware upgrade available -so hoping it was a bug...

but it has messed with my confidence in the pedal.

Anybody else had this happen? What were the details?

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Thanks for reminding me. Mine wanted to do a firmware update before practice tonight and I stopped it before practice. I need to update it later. I have never seen the behavior you are talking about.

Comment

Always have a backup!

Danger of all that awesome in one box.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        Always have a backup!

Danger of all that awesome in one box.
        Yeah, Ive ported over sounds into algorithms and eliminated like 4-5 pedals.

But to your point....

Danger danger
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Yes, update the firmware. This is the danger of digital pedals, as much as I love them.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Yes, update the firmware. This is the danger of digital pedals, as much as I love them.
            I sent the info to Eventide first, so if it's a bug they can capture it first before an upgrade masks it -if it's not part of the target fixes in the latest upgrade.

I'll upgrade once they get back to me

Comment

Clue me in, what sort of effects does it apply?

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Should I get an antivirus app for my M5?
                Well, my M9 never got a virus, but it has freaked out a few times.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                  Clue me in, what sort of effects does it apply?
                  I built the effects using their library -the particular effect that failed was a light slow undulating chorus -which adds an intense thickening to my tone.

But an H9 can make more any digital effect you desire -it's sort of the swiss army knife of pedals.

Comment

Could it be that your cables (guitar, amp, pedals) weren't pushed in all the way? I've had some weird stuff happen with effects when a cable hasn't clicked in all the way
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                    http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Well, my M9 never got a virus, but it has freaked out a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
                        Could it be that your cables (guitar, amp, pedals) weren't pushed in all the way? I've had some weird stuff happen with effects when a cable hasn't clicked in all the way
                        No chance. All checked %100

But it is a good thing to mention. Thanks

Comment

Buy another one for a backup.
                          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Only if they are available in Kool Kolors.
                            All mine are Black.
                            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Holding my breath for Lilac Mist and Metallic Evergreen.
                              You are turning purple.....quickly.

Comment

Working...
                              X