Okay I'll bite - BIGSBY Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay I'll bite - BIGSBY Pedal

The BIGSBY Pedal is a revolutionary polyphonic pitch shifter pedal that reproduces the string bending and vibrato effects produced by the BIGSBY Tremolo arm and other traditional tremolo systems.

The idea to create a BIGSBY-style pitch-shifting pedal was born out of a long-standing admiration for the BIGSBY system’s unique feel, sound and design.

BIGSBY PEDAL A revolutionary polyphonic pitch shifter pedal created in cooperation with Fender Musical Instruments Co. BUY NOW The BIGSBY Pedal is a revolutionary polyphonic pitch shifter pedal that reproduces the string bending and vibrato effects produced by the BIGSBY Tremolo arm and other traditional tremolo systems. The idea to create a BIGSBY-style pitch-shifting pedal was born out of a …

Comment

I get that they wanted to make it look like a bigsby bar and all . . . but who thought it was a good idea to have smooth slippery metal on a foot pedal?
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I am guessing it is fine with sneakers but yes with boots or shoes it could be problematic.

Comment

Seems a bit gimmicky to me. I doubt you will have the control with your foot on the pedal that you will with the guitar in hand. Not to mention having to worry about other pedals, etc. Get a drunk guy going for it on one foot and having to switch other pedals could be entertaining though.

HARD PASS for me.
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

SOLD.

I bend the neck on my Teles to get similar sounds. This will keep me from snapping a neck off.

As far as looks, I really dig it. Slippery? Slap a piece of skateboard grip tape on it and away you go.
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

It is cool but I do not see anything it does I can not do with my H9 and EXP pedal. I do like the action of the pedal pushing back to zero. Still, I do not need to spend the money or give up the pedalboard real estate.

Comment

I think it's from the same company that makes an infinite-hold box which looks like a grand piano's sustain pedal.
                "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Yup.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I am guessing that the enclosure cost more than the circuitry.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

No - just no.

Just because you CAN do it doesn't mean you should.
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

My foot doesn't have the dexterity and articulation to work a Bigsby

Comment

I think it's awesoome

Looking

but that's about it, it just doesn't look user friendly.

Comment

You could put it right next to your Floyd petal

Comment

Can a Floyd pedal be far behind?
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X