Ok pedal wiring gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok pedal wiring gurus

This is a simple (?) channel switcher circuit that I have apparently wired incorrectly.

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong here?

If you look at the switch with the terminals horizontal, the middle row is Common and the top and bottom rows are Hot. Either the top or bottom row will be active, depending on the position of the switch.

Not sure if you already know this but it looks like you have both wires going to effectively the same place on the switch. I'm also not sure what you are trying to make the switch do, but as a guess, I would suggest moving one of those wires to the middle row.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I see what you’re saying. This is the first time wiring this type switch and I followed a diagram that wasn’t clear as to the directionality of the terminals.

I’ll make the changes and report back…..as soon as I have a free minute to get to this. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
        Its not too hard. You just have to figure out which terminals of the switch are actually connected to each other in what switch positions. Usually the middle row are all commons, and either the top row or the bottom row (if you are holding the switch the right way) is all normally open (NC) while the other will all be normally closed (NC). Since this is probably just a push-push stomp switch, each pole will toggle to the other position every time you click it. All the open switches will close, and all the closed switches will open.
        Yup!

Comment

Just move the black wire over.
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
            Its not too hard. You just have to figure out which terminals of the switch are actually connected to each other in what switch positions. Usually the middle row are all commons, and either the top row or the bottom row (if you are holding the switch the right way) is all normally open (NO) while the other will all be normally closed (NC). Since this is probably just a push-push stomp switch, each pole will toggle to the other position every time you click it. All the open switches will close, and all the closed switches will open.
            Yes this is just a simple toggle switch to switch between clean and dirty on an amplifier.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
              Just move the black wire over.
              Smart ass. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

Smart ass. Lol
                I'm not wrong.
                The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I don't see a battery in there.

Does that thing take batteries?

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                    I don't see a battery in there.

Does that thing take batteries?

According to the diagram and YouTube vid I watched, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

I'm not wrong.
                      No sir, you are not.
                      But still a smart ass!
                      Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

According to the diagram and YouTube vid I watched, no.
                        Then it needs a battery.

Comment

Move the southmost wire northeast, make sense? That 3PDT switch is beyond overkill for what you are trying to do, a SPST would have worked fine and you would have only had 2 terminals to deal with.

Or, as LLL said, just put a battery in it.

Comment

itll sound better at 18v too

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

Then it needs a battery.

Ha! Probably.

Comment

Working...
                              X