Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Electronic Spark Booster

Hi

Does anyone here own or have tried the TC Electronic Spark Booster?

ust got mine yersterday. With the pedal set to clean, gain to zero and level to max it does not give any boost. If I go further then 12 o clock with the level it doesent give any noticable sound difference. It does in Fat and Mid mode. Only way to get more drive is with the gain controll. I have other pedals wich I get more drive with the volume only. Wondering if mine is faulty!

Sounds like you are using it like you would an 808 or a Tube Screamer or similar to juice the amp and tighten the low end. Probably not the right pedal for that sort of thing in all truth.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I think you might need something TS-based for what you need it for, not a strict booster.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Well, it is a booster, not an overdrive. That behavior is normal with that one.

Comment

d-n-w

Comment

I have a Mooer pure boost and a Sweet Cream overdriver wich i turn the volume to max and gain to zero and boost allot.

Comment

Have you seen the video on this page? https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-booster-pedal

Is yours behaving like that?

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                Have you seen the video on this page? https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-booster-pedal

Is yours behaving like that?
                He doesent turn the gain off in the video so I cant tell. I have watched all the youtube vids I can find on it :P But basicly the volume on the pedal only works if the gain is engaged or in fat or mid mode. Thats what im asking.

Comment

I have the full-size Spark as well, and my findings are exactly like yours. With the gain on 0 and the level maxed, it barely boosts at all.

Comment

Working...
                  X