Clear All

• Guide: How to STOP buying more pedals

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1278.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	6144808

The End
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Guitar + cable + amp
    May take some getting used to, but has a tendency to get some great sounds and may even have the added benefit of improving your playing - assuming you practice a bit

Comment

For me, getting into the nitty-gritty of high-end multi-fx units did the trick. I was always acutely aware of the limitations and annoyances of the stomp box format, and once I actually realized that there was another way I never looked back. I have a couple of pedals still, but I only ever need overdrives and dimension choruses, which are the two things that my rigs (based around the G-System and the HX Effects units) don't uniformly do excellently.

Of course, you hav to buy these too, and might want to update them every once in a while, but the frequency is going to be a lot lower, and the fact that you have actually put in the hours to learn the ins and outs of them is a serious deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
        I spend a lot of time right now plugged straight into my Tone Master Twin Reverb and playing very quietly and super-clean. The complete absence of background noise means I can hear more of my guitar than ever before. It has done wonders for my ears and my playing. Make no mistake, though, when its time to rock out, I am grabbing a pedal.
        So that crackling sound I heard earlier was Heck freezing over?!

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post
          Guitar + cable + amp
          May take some getting used to, but has a tendency to get some great sounds and may even have the added benefit of improving your playing - assuming you practice a bit
          This, with only the addition of an aby pedal.

Comment

You can buy a multi-fx pedal with more parameters and effects than you know what to do with. Certain ones you can spend years having fun discovering new sounds.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have the cure:

Start buying studio equipment.

You won't have two dimes to rub together for pedals!

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                I have the cure:

You aint lying....lol.
                The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  You can buy a multi-fx pedal with more parameters and effects than you know what to do with. Certain ones you can spend years having fun discovering new sounds.
                  I like the best of both worlds. I have used multi-effects and rack units. I like the modular flexibility I get with stomps. Adding the H9 to the chain gives me the multi-fx options. I guess I am a hybrid type of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I like the best of both worlds. I have used multi-effects and rack units. I like the modular flexibility I get with stomps. Adding the H9 to the chain gives me the multi-fx options. I guess I am a hybrid type of guy.
                    Nothing wrong with that.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Since buying my Kemper, zero pedal purchases

Comment

I have the cure:

This is wisdom
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I can plug straight in to my amp and have nothing but the footswitch in front of me. It has delay with tap tempo via the footswitch, reverb, and chorus built in, 2 independent channels, 8 different amp sounds per channel, all analog aside from the aforementioned effects. I don't need pedals with it at all but I do keep an overdrive on hand and will use the Crybaby and sometimes a Phase 90 with it.

For pedals, I have a pedalboard built out that practically mimics the amp when it comes to the effects and drive and such along with a couple extras and an amp simulator. It's built for DI use but can be used with an amp as well at the same time if I want to.

There's always something shiny and new that catches our eye and suddenly it becomes, just one more. The key is having the discipline to be content with what you have and work with it. Does that always happen? No. But I'll tell you something that does help, having a kid in college...LOL.
                          Last edited by ErikH; 01-28-2022, 09:00 AM.

Comment

I have the cure:

Just got a new console for the studio, arranging white gloves freight logistics now -so yeah -no guitar pedals for sometime.
                            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Just got a new console for the studio, arranging white gloves freight logistics now -so yeah -no guitar pedals for sometime.
                              Pics!

Comment

Working...
                              X