No announcement yet.

Guide: How to STOP buying more pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I retired my HX Stomp off my board after about 2 years and went back to all regular stomp pedals. Much happier now with just basic stomps. Only had to buy a basic reverb pedal to get things all the way right. I don't feel the need for anymore pedals. It all really just comes down to what you think you need and what you really need.

Comment

Those old units are great, especially if you dial in the perfect sound.

In fact, I sold one of my Avid Eleven Rack rack units and went back to my DigiTech 2112 SGS rack unit .... Those two 12ax7 tubes make the 2112 sound much better.

I noticed that the newer rack and floor units are 80% more on the money to get the Classic Amp tones, where as older units, you have to start from scratch , IMO.

Comment

Newer doesn't always mean more better...
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I could stop whenever I want to.....

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
            Newer doesn't always mean more better...
            I have yet to try the newer Axe-Fx units, but I've seen a surprising amount of people using the now somewhat old-fashioned and clunky G-System alongside it, because the G does pristine effects so well. The last part I can attest to.

Comment

The fact that when I saw the new Rat pedals in yellow and also red, and also the JHS pat rack -and I desire all 3 -despite having 5-6 original 80s and 90s Rats already means I need help.

It's like my 90s drug addiction replaced.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post
                Guitar + cable + amp
                May take some getting used to, but has a tendency to get some great sounds and may even have the added benefit of improving your playing - assuming you practice a bit
                No matter how much you practice, there are sounds you just can't get with that.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

This is wisdom
                  If you don't play out...

Comment

The fact that when I saw the new Rat pedals in yellow and also red, and also the JHS pat rack -and I desire all 3 -despite having 5-6 original 80s and 90s Rats already means I need help.

It's like my 90s drug addiction replaced.
                    I think it means you need a red, white, and yellow rat, to compare to the JHS....

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I think it means you need a red, white, and yellow rat, to compare to the JHS....
                      All good points. damn.
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

All good points. damn.
                        Color saturation of the pedal might be an issue. The white perhaps more open, the red more warm, who knows what the yellow does?

Comment

Color saturation of the pedal might be an issue. The white perhaps more open, the red more warm, who knows what the yellow does?
                          Color is the most important factor in pedals.

Comment

No matter how much you practice, there are sounds you just can't get with that.
                            And no matter how many pedals you buy, there will also be sounds you just can´t get with that.

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post

And no matter how many pedals you buy, there will also be sounds you just can´t get with that.
                              I never said there weren't. weak argument is weak.

Comment

I never said there weren't. weak argument is weak.
                                Yes, yours is.

Don´t like my original suggestion?

No problem. No one's forcing you (or anyone else) to follow it.

Comment

Working...
                                X