Jhs packrat users - what's your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jhs packrat users - what's your thoughts

Thinking about getting a jhs packrat next month, just wanted to ask some of you who have it already what's your opinion on the pedal? Do the rat modes pretty much sound the same as the ProCo rats? How are the rat variants? Thanks for filling me in fellas.
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

I mean, the Rat circuits are easy to duplicate, there is nothing special about it other than it's was a fresh creative circuit for hard clipping when it came out, JHS spent a tone of time on it because it's Josh' favorite circuit I believe, and the JHS demos sound great -so unless the mojo of a Rat is the clunky awkward metal ProCo case, then it should be really impressive for you.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I don't recall anyone here making a post about buying the JHS PackRat; not to my knowledge anyways.

You'd most likely be the very first from the forum to get one.

Comment

JHS makes good stuff. I'm sure the real sounds are all in there.
        Come back and let us know how you like it once you have it!

Comment

Like many people, I don't own a Pack Rat but I have been impressed by what I've read about it. Demos all sound great.

Josh did a hell of a lot of research and planning for this one and I hope he sells a ton of them.

Personally though, $250.00 for a Rat pedal is way more than I would ever spend, even if it does cover all of them. Most people will find one or two settings they like (and will actually use) and rarely deviate from that.

I built a Rat-based pedal using the LM308 chip and it has a switch for selecting 3 different pairs of clipping diodes. That covers the original Rat, Turbo Rat and the germanium, You Dirty Rat. More than enough options for me and it cost around $20.00.

If you get a Pack Rat, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Comment

Working...
          X