Deep Phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Phase

Anyone see this new MXR? It does their normal 4-stage phase90 and also an 8-stage, plus it has the feedback control and it's listed in the manual as "true bypass".
    Just a bit pricey though for a phaser, but once they get out for awhile a benny should score it.

I'm still not much of a mini fan, but if they're held down on a board I can cope.
    m279, mxr deep phase, phase pedal, deep phase, phaser pedal, vintage phase, jim dunlop, pedal, stompbox, effects pedal, guitar effects

I'm interested in trying one out. It is allegedly MXRs take on the Small Stone circuit. The few demos I've heard are pretty impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post
      I'm interested in trying one out. It is allegedly MXRs take on the Small Stone circuit. The few demos I've heard are pretty impressive!
      But why not get a Small Stone? I think they sound better than any MXR.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

But why not get a Small Stone? I think they sound better than any MXR.
        Couple reasons. In my experience, the build quality of EHX has been dubious. I've had more of their pedals develop issues or outright fail than pedals from any other manufacturer.

MXR knows phasers and they know how to build them well. The Deep Phase is also a mini pedal that can be squeezed into just about any pedal chain.

I agree that the Small Stone sounds great and it is definitely preferred by some people over the ubiquitous Phase 90. I really like both and the appeal of a solid company building a solid version of the Small Stone is definitely there for me.

YMMV, of course.

Comment

I like the small stone a lot better than a phase 90, but yeah . . . EHX build quality has historically been pretty poor. 8 stage phasing is a step in the wrong direction though - if it's really based on the SS it would be much better to pop in a switch that swaps out the capacitors to stepped instead of identical values to simulate a univibe.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
          X