Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a DIY fuzz-box hard to make?

So,

I'm wanting a fuzz-box; and in particular I want to make it myself. I can't justify paying almost 10x the parts price; for a simple device (like a fuzz face),
    -when I got time, knowledge and interest in making such a thing myself .

If I get a ready-made PCB board, or a kit (that costs, 4 times the price of the parts again...),
    -or even make a little turret board myself, out of a wooden plate and nails.

Is it "hard" to make a functioning fuzz box?

Thanks!
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

The classic designs tend to be some of the simplest circuits out there.

Here's for example the board for an Analogman Sunface clone

Comment

Yeah, there are so few components in many fuzzes that it's a super easy first project to do. A fuzz face is great to breadboard and tweak to your liking.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Yep, it doesn't get much simpler than a vintage fuzz circuit.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
        X