NPD: Joyo Aquarius Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: Joyo Aquarius Delay

I'd been looking at several digital delays recently and since I had an Amazon gift card from work, I figured I may as well start there. The Aquarius has mostly positive reviews and the features check all the boxes for me, tap tempo being the major one. All the delay modes sound great. I especially like the digital, analog, and tape modes. Everything else is icing on the cake. It sits in the effects loop of the DSM & Humboldt Simplifier on my board with the rest of the ambient effects. The Boss DM-2w stays and is set to a quick slap back style delay with 1 or 2 repeats while the Aquarius is set for a heavier delay effect with more repeats. Tap tempo works great. Hold down the switch button for a couple seconds until the indicator turns red, set the tempo, and after another second or two when done the indicator goes back to blue and flashes the set tempo. It feels like it's built really well. If anything, I'm going to get, or make, a pedal riser for it as it is a little thinner than the front line pedals on the board. That'll help with setting the tap tempo easier. If you want a feature rich delay without breaking the bank, this is a good value.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61k3cg5nBbL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	6150472

I hadn't seen this one...it looks fun! I might have to snag one.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm really happy with it. Messed around with it a bunch at home and yesterday morning was the first time in a band setting at church. The Galaxy setting is pretty cool but doubt I'd use it.

Comment

Working...
      X