Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD - Outlaw Dumbleweed

Well it's NPD because my second one just came in

I absolutely love this pedal and I am shocked it is so cheap! Seems really well made, can't tell you much about the co. but they're out of Montreal and make lots of little pedals.

I am actually going to run 2 of them on my board, one for lower and one for higher gain settings. I can't tell you it nails Dumble tones not having played thru one but that is secondary to me. This is like a fine tuner for my sound, it's incredible how easy it was to work with and dial in.

Worth a look and easily the best vaule pedal I have ever bought.

Click image for larger version  Name:	dumbleweed.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.8 KB ID:	6150526
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Last thing I need is another overdrive pedal but that does seem intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
      Last thing I need is another overdrive pedal but that does seem intriguing.
      I am with you. I have enough overdrives, distortions, and boosts to build a retaining wall in the backyard this summer.

Comment

What's the "voice" knob do?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
          What's the "voice" knob do?

Best explanation I've seen is this:
          The overall tone voicing on the Zen is designed so that it dumps deep bass and also high treble. It's a big wide upside down smiley face. The center frequency of that curve is tweaked by the "voice" knob. To the left, the voicing centers its energy in the lower midrange which will dump more high treble energy giving a thicker, darker tone with more meat. Toward the right, that energy shifts upward into the treble range dumping out some lower mids giving a thinner, clearer tone.
          I've had a couple other zen drive clones and that fits with my experience

Comment

So it's like a Q shift.

Comment

I would say that seems to be a good description of the Voice knob. I am not familiar with the Zendrive so I can't say if this is a clone or not but by description it sounds like they're shooting for smilar things.

I am decidedly not a pedalhead but I have a small useful batch of them. This one got me though, I bought it as kind of a goof when Dumble died I thought it would be fun to mess with but I got waaaaay more than I expected.

I am just running this in front of my Orange Dual Terror so far and I love it.
              My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                I would say that seems to be a good description of the Voice knob. I am not familiar with the Zendrive so I can't say if this is a clone or not but by description it sounds like they're shooting for smilar things.

I am decidedly not a pedalhead but I have a small useful batch of them. This one got me though, I bought it as kind of a goof when Dumble died I thought it would be fun to mess with but I got waaaaay more than I expected.

I am just running this in front of my Orange Dual Terror so far and I love it.
                In front of an Orange? Wow, there's a lot of potential there. You could probably go from sluggey to top boost Orange and everything in-between.

Comment

I suspect the circuit is like the majority of OCD clones. However, where the OCD's have a high/low switch this looks like it has a pot instead. Which would probably be more useful since the contrast between the two positions is a bit too much.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
                    I suspect the circuit is like the majority of OCD clones. However, where the OCD's have a high/low switch this looks like it has a pot instead. Which would probably be more useful since the contrast between the two positions is a bit too much.
                    I'll have to compare it to the OCD I have, I don't use it much so I have no reference for it
                    My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post

I'll have to compare it to the OCD I have, I don't use it much so I have no reference for it
                        The Zen clones I've had are nothing like an OCD.

Comment

Working...
                        X