Suddenly this pedal does not exist: Chorus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suddenly this pedal does not exist: Chorus

Whether a guitar pedal Rapture, alien plot, or yard gnomes came to life and stole them all, the Chorus pedals are all gone. And none of the patches on Multi-fx work anymore either. All wiped.

What do you do? How do you compensate? What happens to you??? No biggie, or will you contemplate suicide having to live without your fave Chorus tones?

Go!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

I would use phase, vib or flange. No biggie I would adapt.

Comment

I'd simply move on. No worries. I'd gone years without it before and if I had to I'd do it again. It's not a must have for me.

Comment

If I can live without cheeze whiz I can live without a chorus or flange.

Comment

uni vibe . which is, what I should have pwned now. lol
          If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Can I get around it using a dimension effect? If that is deemed another chorus, I'd probably go for phaser or flanger where I absolutely need an effect, and keep the tone bare the rest of the time. I'd rather have no guitar tone than a UniVibe.

Comment

Well, I'd be hurting. 80's music has it all over, and I do love a Chorus. I suspect I'd move to subtle flange.

But, Flange/Vibe/Phase all have a certain sound that is just more than I want compared to chorus. I would not be happy.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                Well, I'd be hurting. 80's music has it all over, and I do love a Chorus. I suspect I'd move to subtle flange.

But, Flange/Vibe/Phase all have a certain sound that is just more than I want compared to chorus. I would not be happy.
                I agree. None of those really do what a good chorus does. Those are all far more overt effects; a chorus can do that, but it can also work as a sonic widener in a way those can't.

Speaking of which, I forgot to consider a detune. That might be the better option to get close to the "widening" effect of chorus.

Comment

De- tune

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                    Speaking of which, I forgot to consider a detune. That might be the better option to get close to the "widening" effect of chorus.
                    That's the thing I never use chorus to widen my tone. Not even in the 80's. When I do need to widen my tone I use the pitch shift in the Eventide. Flange, phase, and vibe would get me, for my needs over the hump. But yes, for the stuff Ace plays chorus is a big part of the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

That's the thing I never use chorus to widen my tone. Not even in the 80's. When I do need to widen my tone I use the pitch shift in the Eventide. Flange, phase, and vibe would get me, for my needs over the hump. But yes, for the stuff Ace plays chorus is a big part of the sound.
                      You need a Dimension C in your life, then.

Comment

Another good option is a delay with the mod option on it. Like the Carbon Copy and Carbon Copy Deluxe. I like it in the Tech 21 Fly Rig 5 v2. No fuss chorus-like effect.

Comment

A Deluxe Memory Man with the delay time set just above 0 will do chorus.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i dont own a chorus so ill keep using my rotosphere on slow speed

Comment

I like my chorus, so I guess I'd be a hermit.....

Comment

Working...
                              X