NPD! Fender level set buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD! Fender level set buffer

I just received my level set buffer from fender and I have a question; is the level control any different than a clean boost? I was thinking about buying a booster to go before my distortion do I still need that or can I use the level control on the buffer to boost the sound going into my distortion? (there is a compressor in between the buffer and the distortion) Any information would be helpful. Thank you.
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

That's more for keeping the signal at unity when changing guitars with different outputs from the pickups. Much like the Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster. There's no compression going or clean boost in the sense you're thinking to give the distortion "more" when you want it. You would need a dedicated clean boost, like the LPB-1 or even the Keeley Katana or Xotic EP-Booster.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
      That's more for keeping the signal at unity when changing guitars with different outputs from the pickups. Much like the Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster. There's no compression going or clean boost in the sense you're thinking to give the distortion "more" when you want it. You would need a dedicated clean boost, like the LPB-1 or even the Keeley Katana or Xotic EP-Booster.
      Ok thanks for the info, I was aware of what it's meant for I just wasn't sure if the level was any different than a clean boost. I'm thinking of getting the fender engager boost to go before the distortion.
      Last edited by Mikelamury; 03-11-2022, 04:44 PM.
      But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post

Ok thanks for the heads up, I'm thinking of getting the fender engager boost to go before the distortion.
        That one looks pretty sweet. 3-band EQ plus 20db of clean boost? Can't go wrong there.

Comment

Fender describes the level as a trim, so that sounds like it's passive attenuation. That would mean it's not boosting the single coil but rather turning down the humbucker to match.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            Fender describes the level as a trim, so that sounds like it's passive attenuation. That would mean it's not boosting the single coil but rather turning down the humbucker to match.
            Ok, that makes sense now, my signal does seem a little weaker at the "unity" point. I'm going to try to turn it up a little bit to get back to where I was with my signal volume. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
            X