Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sansamp versus the tone lab

What say ye?

Ive owned a Sansamp before and it was ok and I have a Vox tone stomp that I think is almost as good if not better than the Sansamp. I was wondering if any of you had the Vox tone lab and the Sansamp to do a side by side comparison.
    LPB?

I'm interested in this too. Been a long time SansAmp Bass Driver user and I just bought a Para Driver today. While the SansAmps don't have the flexibility of something like a Tone Lab or some of the other digital modeling devices, I have always been more than pleased with the tones I've gotten from them.

No firsthand experience with the Tone Lab though.

Comment

I own a SansAmp PSA-1 and have used a Vox ToneLab side by side. Vox does certain models really really well; for example Vox does a better Marshall than any current Marshall. But on the SansAmp, every 'model' (or preset that emulates a model), if you've heard the real thing, you can tweak a couple knobs and get it to sound just like the real amp.

Vox has one thing in common with Line6 that SansAmp does not: SansAmp sounds like the actual amp as when you are standing in front of it. Vox (and Line6) sound like a very nice recording of the actual amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
        Is there a particular amp model or application that interests you for comparison?
        Not really, I just like to play around.
        . What I did notice is that what BB mentioned about sounding like a nice recording is what I get with My Vox tone Stomp and the Sansamp that I used to have. It was red not black.

Comment

OK.. .. who is the sexy new pp?

Comment

Actually it was black, I was thinking of a line six that I had

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
              Actually it was black, I was thinking of a line six that I had
              Was it this one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	TONELABST.png
Views:	97
Size:	344.4 KB
ID:	6159720

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post

Was it this one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	TONELABST.png
Views:	97
Size:	344.4 KB
ID:	6159720
                I don't think it had a pedal, it might have been the GT-2

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post

I don't think it had a pedal, it might have been the GT-2
                  There's also the Stomplab 1G.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SL1G-Stomplab-Guitar-Multi-Effect-1.png Views:	0 Size:	359.3 KB ID:	6159744

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post

There's also the Stomplab 1G.

Click image for larger version Name:	SL1G-Stomplab-Guitar-Multi-Effect-1.png Views:	0 Size:	359.3 KB ID:	6159744
                    I have this, I read your post and replied before I looked at the picture and I thought you were talking about the lines

I have the Vox 2G stomplab.

Comment

Working...
                    X