Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hook & loop

Which side is on your board and pedals

I put the soft side (loop) on the board, rough side (hook) on the pedals. I've seen it done the other way too.

Comment

I use 3M Dual Lock since I couldn't decide what side to use on the board. If I made the wrong decision it might have set me on a dark and dangerous path in life. I couldn't take that risk.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
        I put the soft side (loop) on the board, rough side (hook) on the pedals. I've seen it done the other way too.
        ARGH. . . I put the hard stuff on the board. .

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 80's View Post
          I use 3M Dual Lock since I couldn't decide what side to use on the board. If I made the wrong decision it might have set me on a dark and dangerous path in life. I couldn't take that risk.
          I'm always trying to save a buck so I didn't go the extra step

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post

I'm always trying to save a buck so I didn't go the extra step
            The Dual Lock is awesome but people have been using Velcro on their boards for ages already. So it's pretty well tried and true.

Comment

I use Dual Lock, which is the same on both sides. Not only is it stronger than Velcro, but the adhesive is stronger, too.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Hook on pedals! If you put the hook on your board, you're going to have soooo much stuff stuck to the damned thing that it will always look terrible. The board is going to be full of hair and old socks. :P
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Loop on board. It is rougher and tougher.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Hahahaha. It's going to be CATastrophic.

The music room is also the preferred place of two long hair Ragdoll cats.

Good thing I bought extra

Comment

Oh man, that'll make it look really crazy. And probably not hold as well either.

Another benefit of the loop side on the board is you can vacuum it clean. I've done that myself as we have pets too.

Comment

According to what ships with Rockboard, Pedaltrain, etc... it is usually cut/setup for hook on the pedals and soft stuff on the board, so that's how I've always done it, and, as mentioned, it doesn't pick up as much debris.

I've used the heavy duty stuff, but it seems like total overkill.

Not sure why you care which is "rougher and tougher" on the board, I could argue that you will do more damage to the exposed hard stuff, but either way, I doubt anyone is standing on the exposed areas of the board.

Comment

I put soft loop on the boards.
                          One advantage of this is that if a particular pedal needs to be extra tight, you can put Dual Lock on the pedal.
                          It sticks more firmly to to Velcro loop than regular Velcro hook does.

For me, Dual Lock on both is actually too much. I don't want to need a prybar to change pedals.
                          I know some players use it for antitheft as well as for mounting and that makes sense if the board's within reach of the audience.
                          Myself, I'll sometimes swap a different pedal into certain of the slots. Fuzzes and foundation drives get changed fairly regularly.
                          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                            Hook on pedals! If you put the hook on your board, you're going to have soooo much stuff stuck to the damned thing that it will always look terrible. The board is going to be full of hair and old socks. :P
                            This.

Every time I see a "Hairy" pedal board submission in Ace's "Show me your pedalboard" thread I want to vomit.
                            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I have the soft stuff on the board. Stays cleaner. And the Pedaltrain instructions say to do it that way, so they probably already discovered the reasons for doing so during prototype and test phase.

Comment

Working...
                              X