Behringer HD300 Heavy Distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer HD300 Heavy Distortion

Browsing Sweetwater and noticed this pedal is on sale for $20. I picked it up. This is a clone of the Boss Mega Distortion. I used to own that pedal years ago but sold it. For $20 I figured why not and it's pink.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HD300-large.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	6169694

I have the MD2 is it is even close to the BOSS you are going to be in gain heaven. Nice score for $20.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      I have the MD2 is it is even close to the BOSS you are going to be in gain heaven. Nice score for $20.
      Yeah looking forward to it. There's a few other Behringer pedals on sale for $20 right now.

Comment

Behringer gear sounds great the only rub I have is its durability. My band uses a Behringer board it is a lot of bang for the buck.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post

Yeah looking forward to it. There's a few other Behringer pedals on sale for $20 right now.
          Makes me laugh, when guys that own Klons or boutique pedals get upset when a Behringer pedal sounds better ..... seen that happen for 44 years of playing.

Comment

How do the Dist and Gain Boost knobs interact? Is it really a pre-boost circuit?

Comment

Personally I would rather just get a used Boss MD-2. Maybe now they go for more, but not long ago they were like $30 used and 90% of them looked like new.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                Personally I would rather just get a used Boss MD-2. Maybe now they go for more, but not long ago they were like $30 used and 90% of them looked like new.
                You used to be able to get it for $35 to $45, but now you're lucky to find one in any condition for $60 or $75 on Reverb. I remember paying $42 and it was like new. That's been probably 4 years ago. But this Behringer clone does sound pretty close. Not exactly the same, but close.

Comment

Behringer gear sounds great the only rub I have is its durability. My band uses a Behringer board it is a lot of bang for the buck.
                  Behringer Euroboards a great price / performance gear.

The pedals do sound goo compared to whatever they model them after. But yeah - not "stomp" worthy in the durability department.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I use a Behringer digital mixer (with iPads) for the band's main PA. No issues with it ever (nd it sounds great), although I use 3rd party software, and the Behringer official app is terrible. But no complaints. I never tried their plastic pedals, but if they were available when I was 13, I'd be in heaven.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I had a few Behringer pedals. The one thing that concerned me was that those had a plastic switch which turned the pedal on. If you stomped on it really hard then I could imagine damaging the plastic switch.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                        I love my Boss MD-2 but have not used it since buying my Wampler Dracarys. The Wampler Dracarys sounds tighter and more focused even when not using the TIGHT switch. It also has more gain, I use the Wampler Dracarys somewhere around 11 o'clock with the GAIN setting.

Comment

I love my Boss MD-2 but have not used it since buying my Wampler Dracarys. The Wampler Dracarys sounds tighter and more focused even when not using the TIGHT switch. It also has more gain, I use the Wampler Dracarys somewhere around 11 o'clock with the GAIN setting.
                          4x price

Comment

I have a Behringer AM100 Acoustic Modeler and a Behringer 1124 P Feedback Destroyer.
                            To my ears the AM100 sounds better than my Boss AC2 or AC3 .

The 1124's 12 band Parametric totally zeros into my sounds that are now much better .

Some guys were giving a friend of mine some flak for using Behringer pedals and since he didn't like the plastic housing, he order on line some aluminum / steel housing to put the electronic from the Behringer pedals.

He took the newly housed Behringer pedals and his band were complimentary of his pedals

Comment

I haven't spend much time with this Behringer since I have bought other amps and pedals recently, but the time I have played around with it it does sound similar to the Mega Distortion. Maybe a little more fuzz to it and it doesn't sound as deep, thick. Not as quite. For $20 it is worth it, though. But if I had the option between the Boss and this pedal, the Boss would come out on top.

Comment

Working...
                              X