NPD - SoloDallas Storm - Schaffer Replica in a pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD - SoloDallas Storm - Schaffer Replica in a pedal

Now I like pedals well enough and all but I don't generally get too excited about them ....well I am freaking out man! LOL

Low-Mids boost with gain and opti-compression. Yes it nails the Acca-Dacca as advertised but it just absolutely crushes.

I've been on an early AC/DC kick lately, well as in the last 45 years or so but I digress, it was far overdue in my small pedal collection and will immediately take what I can only imagine will be a long stay on my short board.

I cannot recommend this pedal highly enough. I know it's kind of the hot take for Back In Black sounds but this utterly crushes the "If You Want Blood..." live album sound.

Click image for larger version

Name:	storm.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	6170575
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

These are cool pedals I was looking into them. When AC/DC recorded Powerage George Young was producing and noticed Angus did not have his live "bite" in the studio. They then figured out it was the preamp in his wireless rig that was pushing the Marshall and giving him that great live sound. The Storm is a duplication of that wireless circuit.

Comment

Yes and I swear i was going to write in the OP that you should just go buy one lol
      My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Great pedal. Once you use one it is hard to not continue using one. I always have my eye out for various colored ones to go with my black one.
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I want a pedal that nails the Bagpipes for It's a long way
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Very cool pedal, I remember reading the story when it was introduced.

One of my favorite tones I’ve ever played was my Duncan loaded LP into a borrowed Silverface 50W Bassman using a wireless we found at our high school. Years later I realized I was boosting the front end pretty heavily, but back then I didn’t have a clue.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
              Now I like pedals well enough and all but I don't generally get too excited about them ....well I am freaking out man! LOL

Low-Mids boost with gain and opti-compression. Yes it nails the Acca-Dacca as advertised but it just absolutely crushes.

I've been on an early AC/DC kick lately, well as in the last 45 years or so but I digress, it was far overdue in my small pedal collection and will immediately take what I can only imagine will be a long stay on my short board.

I cannot recommend this pedal highly enough. I know it's kind of the hot take for Back In Black sounds but this utterly crushes the "If You Want Blood..." live album sound.
              ...so AC/DC have different sounds?

Don't get me wrong, I think they 're cool but if you picked a random AC/DC guitar tone (aka the AC/DC tone) and played any other random AC/DC song with it live do you think anyone would notice?

Comment

I remember SoloDallas pitching the idea of a Schaeffer replica on the Metro forum back in the mid 2Ks... and he delivered.

He loves that Angus Young tone.

This pedal looks different than his original which was designed to be a near perfect clone of the Schaeffer Diversity wireless unit; for the preamp section of course.

Sounds like he was able to finagle a deal with a pedal manufacturer and squeeze everything into your typical stomp box sized box.
                Last edited by LLL; 05-04-2022, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I'd be pretty surprised if you couldn't tell the difference in tone between Ain't No Fun and Back in Black in a listening comparison. I also don't think they've put out an official live album that comes close to If You Want Blood, Atlantic Studios or Live in Paris and those 3 all sound different to me for whatever that is worth.

Do I care if some cat in a bar knows? Not really. This is something I've been into for a long time and I appreciate the differences in their sound over time, especially during Bon's time on earth.
                  My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Back In Black is one of the all-time killer Marshall guitar tone(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                      Do I care if some cat in a bar knows? Not really. This is something I've been into for a long time and I appreciate the differences in their sound over time, especially during Bon's time on earth.
                      Hey - nothing wrong with doing it for you....
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                        I remember SoloDallas pitching the idea of a Schaeffer replica on the Metro forum back in the mid 2Ks... and he delivered.

He loves that Angus Young tone.

This pedal looks different than his original which was designed to be a near perfect clone of the Schaeffer Diversity wireless unit; for the preamp section of course.

Sounds like he was able to finagle a deal with a pedal manufacturer and squeeze everything into your typical stomp box sized box.
                        The original didn't have the Opto Limiter/Compressor I don't think
                        My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

These are the available Solo Dallas products in a picture.

Name:	th.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	6170890
                          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                            These are the available Solo Dallas products in a picture.

Name:	th.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	6170890
                            He also has a T-Top and a Filtertron
                            My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

i like low mids. i like soft compression. i like more output...

Comment

Working...
                              X